Step 1

NEXT STEP

Player for webOS, running on an LG smart tv

Player for webOS, running on an LG smart tv

Plan: Premium

Device: LG smart tv

Operating System: webOS from LG

App: Spotify app, newest version, LG app store

Hi Guys, so this is most probably a matter of user-stupidity, but nonetheless, here goes:

[1] No Stop Button ? 
The player does not feature a stop button, only a pause button. The stop button on my LG remote doesn't work. As for the stop button, I expected to find a button with a solid square icon to stop playing a track. This seems a rather standard thing to have on any player. Is it hidden somewhere? 

[2] Shut down screen whilst playing track(s)

I can't find a function to shut down the screen whilst listening to an album. This also seems a rather standard function of any player. Heck, even the standard factory installed music player from LG features a button for darkening out the screen. I don't really need the Spotify app up-and-open-in-my-face all the time whilst listening to my music, and I also don't like it to burn in my screen. So how do I achieve this, is there such a function and if yes, how to invoke it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Much appreciated!

• TV
5 Replies

Anyone ?

No reply even after some days waiting. That's disappointing....

Hey there @Simply-Red,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. We'll be happy to explain some more here.

The standard Spotify player has the Play/Pause button that can be used as a stop when paused. I was able to find an idea about this but since it hasn't received enough votes it has been closed.

If you'd like to see a separate Stop button you can post a new idea with the steps here.

As for your second question, Spotify doesn't offer the option to turn on a screen saver in app yet. But this has been suggested here and you can leave a +Vote to support the idea. 

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena, 

Well you know what they say: "Better late than never", so thanks for your reply.

Some things in life just seem so very basic, it's almost unthinkable that you should leave "an idea" on some list and get votes to kick it up the development ladder.

I guess a "stop" button is one of them. Every piece of hardware that is able to play back tracks/music has them. So why shouldn't software?

Just breaking the track off by starting to play another seems so.... unelegant ?

Best regards,

Thanks for getting back to us @Simply-Red!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on this as it helps Spotify make better decision for our users in the future. 

We’re sorry if you’re not able to use the player like you wish at the moment but we're constantly aiming to improve our features, and taking user's ideas and comments on board so we hope you’ll continue using the app and find it gets better in the future. 

We'll pass on your feedback but do let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

Have a lovely Friday!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts