Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Player problem

Solved!

Player problem

Hi, I'm new. There is a problem with my web player on Spotify. When I logged in recently, there was a song I listened to earlier called Wichita Lineman - Live From Houston, TX. I tried listening to another song, but when I clicked on the song it doesn't play. Every song cannot play. I try clicking previous, next, shuffle or repeat and it doesn't do anything. I tried logging out, restarting my computer, deleting cookies/cache, but Wichita Lineman - Live From Houston, TX will always appear on the bottom left side of the screen. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10 if that helps. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed and @hembree01

Could you try going to Spotify app on your phone (if possible), click on 'Devices Available' and switch between different devices, such as the web player.
You might need to close and reopen the web player.

Might work through the desktop player as well, just most of those that solved the issue that way used a phone. 🙂
It looks like the web player gets stuck in some reason...

Let me know how this works! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey and welcome to the community @user-removed 🙂

That's not nice!

Let's try these things:

There's an icon that resembles a computer next to the volume slider. Try clickin on that and maybe you can choose "this web player (Chrome)".

Another thing that could help is going to the Account Page of yours, scrolling downwards and clicking on Sign Out Everywhere. Then you can try logging into your web player again. 🙂

As far as I know, there's this Premium feature called Spotify Connect and it sometimes causes headaches.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star

Thanks for the reply @ 

Unfortunatly, the issue wasn't fixed.

Here's a picture of how the player looks like. I cannot click play, rewind, forward, shuffle, or repeat. Volume can be scrolled, and the audio too. I cannot select any new music to be played.

Capture.PNG

I have the same problem 

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed and @hembree01

Could you try going to Spotify app on your phone (if possible), click on 'Devices Available' and switch between different devices, such as the web player.
You might need to close and reopen the web player.

Might work through the desktop player as well, just most of those that solved the issue that way used a phone. 🙂
It looks like the web player gets stuck in some reason...

Let me know how this works! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

I had this problem as well, but this worked perfectly. 

Thanks!

Problem solved!

Thanks!

Suggested posts