Free

Country

USA

Device

IPhone 5 and computer (chromebook)

Operating System

iOS 10 (idk what chromebooks use)

My Question or Issue

I have this problem where when I take a song off a playlist of mine, when I press shuffle play on my phone or play on my computer, it will still go through the songs I deleted off of the playlist. For example, if I take song 1 off my playlist, it will shuffle until it plays that song, even though it isn't shown on my list of songs anymore... It's really weird and it used to stop after I closed the app and left it alone for a while (I would normally wait overnight) and it would stop, but it has been multiple days now and it's a little frustrating. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yeah.. I figured it out... I have to play a different playlist for the other one to “refresh”. Thank you for you help though.(and if I may make a suggestion, it would be nice if it would just refresh when you pressed shuffle play)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @Mus3r! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

This happening on both of your devices?

Be sure to check your play queue the songs you've deleted may are queued up there. 

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace 

Hey @Mus3r, help's here.

If we understand you correctly, when you remove a song from a playlist, it might still play when you only use Shuffle. Is that correct?

Have you tried reinstalling the apps? This usually gives the apps a fresh start, and should refresh any playlists you have.

If that doesn't work, get back to us with a screenshot and we'll have a closer look.

Thanks! 🙂

Marked as solution

Yeah.. I figured it out... I have to play a different playlist for the other one to “refresh”. Thank you for you help though.(and if I may make a suggestion, it would be nice if it would just refresh when you pressed shuffle play)

Hey @Mus3r,

Great to hear it worked out for you 🙂 

It's true that the Shuffle feature doesn't consider changes in the playlist during the same listening session. If you think there's something that can be improved there, why not add it to our Ideas Exchange so other people can vote for it? 

Let us know if there's anything else! 🙂 

Suggested posts