Announcements

Playing Spotify on Multiple Amazon Echo Devices

Highlighted

Re: Playing Spotify on Multiple Amazon Echo Devices

Regular

Thanks to Black Friday, I have another two echos on the way so this is going to be a problem. Can you confirm that with Amazon unlimited you can definitely stream different songs to different echos concurrently?

Can you also play the same track on both echos (e.g. party mode)?

If so will definitely switch. 

Many thanks. 

Highlighted

@Sledge89 wrote:

Thanks to Black Friday, I have another two echos on the way so this is going to be a problem. Can you confirm that with Amazon unlimited you can definitely stream different songs to different echos concurrently?

Can you also play the same track on both echos (e.g. party mode)?

If so will definitely switch. 

Many thanks. 

I'm not sure about different songs, but their multi-device groups allows you to play the same song on both devices at the same time, with Amazon Music.

Just got my second Echo this weekend and I'm pretty upset that I can't have it play Spotify across both at the same time. May be time to leave Spotify.

Highlighted

Switch, or just get, a Pandora paid account. Pandora has no issues playing on multiple Echos/Dots. 

Nice one, Spotify. Pandora is doing an end around on you and you're letting them.

Highlighted

Regular

Just started my 99 cent 3 month trial yesterday and was loving it. My Everywhere group (Echo Plus and 2 Echo Dots) showed up in devices available. When I clicked on it I had Christmas music playing on all 3 Echos. When I tried again today, the Everywhere group was no longer listed. Maybe it worked because I had Spotify running on my PC when I upgraded to premium, don't know. This limitation is caused by Spotify, not Amazon. Pandora, iHeartRadio and the other music services supported by Echo can all play in groups. Hopefully Spotify enables groups by the end of my trial or I'll be cancelling my subscription too.

Highlighted

Regular

It's working again!!! Listening to Pink Floyd right now on 3 Echos. I don't know if Spotify changed something in the past hour or so, but after restarting my PC and 3 Echos the Everywhere group showed up again and worked!!!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Now try playing separate Pink Floyd songs on the Echos and it fails, that’s the frustrating thing that I wish Amazon\Spotify would fix!

Highlighted

Regular

It's still hit or miss. Yesterday I had all 3 playing then one of the Dots stopped. Today the same Dot is still not working. I can ask it what's playing and it tells me the correct song. I can ask it to pause, skip tracks, etc and it works but no music.

Still can't start Spotify on the everywhere group from an Echo. Alexa responds by saying "Sorry I can't play Spotify on groups, playing here instead...." At least the apps are partially working. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

SUGGESTED POSTS