Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing Spotify radio on Sonos songs intermittently songs play a few second and then goes to a new s

Solved!

Playing Spotify radio on Sonos songs intermittently songs play a few second and then goes to a new s

Spotify premium

usa, NY

iPhone Xs Max

ios 13.5.1

I use Spotify at home. Sonos speakers throughout all playback from Spotify radio. Problem is a song will start and within a few seconds a new song will take over to its completion. This is really annoying. Does anyone have this problem And solved it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I used Spotify app to drive Sonos and everything was working fine.

Looks like a Sonos problem. The solution is the new S2 version of the App just released, if your hardware is supported. For me its working flawlessly again. Problem solved. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi!

How do you start the radio - through the Sonos or Spotify app? Does this only happen when you are playing a radio station, and not when playing a regular playlist?

If my post solved your issue, please accept it as a solution.

I start Spotify from the Sonos App. I just tested a radio station and after 3rd song played for a few seconds a new song started. I went to my daily mix 2, same type of issue, jumping to a new song right away. I don’t use playlists enough, need more time playing A playlist to confirm the jump. I have it currently playing and will take note of any jumping. 

Great that you are testing! 🙂

What also would be great if you could test, is to start the radio by using the Spotify app and Spotify Connect. Here you’ll have some guidance on how to use Connect. 

Looking forward to see how it worked out for you!

If my post solved your issue, please accept it as a solution.
Marked as solution

I used Spotify app to drive Sonos and everything was working fine.

Looks like a Sonos problem. The solution is the new S2 version of the App just released, if your hardware is supported. For me its working flawlessly again. Problem solved. Thanks for your help.

I wouldn't be so sure it's a Sonos issue. Myself and plenty of others are having issues with Spotify cutting out on Sonos using both the Sonos app and Spotify connect. I've been through a bunch of troubleshooting steps with Sonos but still have intermittent issues, it's frustrating. 

Glad it's now working for you! 

So the problem with song jumps returned. Was able to connect to a Sonos representative and went through a few items. They noticed that multiple Spotify controllers were competing against each other. I have multiple computers running at the same time including app on iPhone, iPad etc. they had me log off Spotify from my computers, one by one until the issue was resolved. Unfortunate that collectively there’s no hierarchy to control priority. But it worked for me. I did have a couple of jumps here and there, but it is no longer happening all the time. Hope this helps others. 

Suggested posts