Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing playlist on only plays one playlist song then starts playing other non-playlist music

Playing playlist on only plays one playlist song then starts playing other non-playlist music

E.g. I just clicked on the "Deep Focus" playlist and it started playing a track from that playlist.  I pressed next on the OS's music control and Spotify started playing a track from an album I was listening to previously, at this point if I keep advancing the track Spotify keeps playing music from the same album, nothing more from the playlist.

This is the third day in a row (since I recently started testing using Spotify as my music service) where I've seen this same behavior.

Windows Phone 8.1, Spotify app version 4.0.5385.29845

3 Replies

Do those tracks show up if you view the play queue?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes they do.  Now that I know where/what the play queue is, do you know how might be able to quickly clear it?  I can long-select and choose "Delete" on individual tracks to remove from the play queue but at this point the queue has filled considerably and it would take me a while to do that for each track.  I believe I got into this situation as I mistook the "queue" button in the app menu (see 2nd attachment) as "queue to download*" and since there's no UI confirmation of anything having been queued I ended up pressing it several times on different albums. 😃

*Speaking of downloads, is there UI that shows me just the albums I've downloaded?  Once I put Spotify into offline mode, all the features ("Search & Browse", "Discover", "Radio", "Playlists") switch to "<feature> is not available offline"

20141022 - Spotify WP - Play queue and long select.png
20141022 - Spotify WP - Queue performs queue to play, not queue to download sm.jpg

This appears to be a bug with the Windows Phone client of Spotify.  Since all the tracks in my play queue are streaming songs I wanted to see what happens when I put the client into offline mode.

I downloaded a 5-track playlist to my phone (turned on "Available offline" for the playlist).  I then put the Spotify client in offline mode via settings.  When I play the downloaded playlist track 1 starts to play.  But if I try to advance forward a track I hear a click in the phone's speaker and then track 1 plays again instead of advancing to track 2.

Suggested posts