Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Issue with Recommended Songs

Playlist Issue with Recommended Songs

Hi Spotify Staff,

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Win10

My Question or Issue:

Why are recommended songs so heavily influenced by the first song added and the title of the playlist? It seems to stay that way permanently. 

I would thoroughly enjoy it if playlists could evolve as songs are added, especially since the recommended songs are advertised as being based on the songs in the playlist. Possibly there could be playlist settings that let people choose whether their recommended songs are based on the title of the playlist or the songs in the playlist.

Thank You,

Joshua Wolfendale

1 Reply

Hi there @JoshWolf,

Thanks for reaching out here and sharing your thoughts with the Community!

The number of Recommended Songs at the bottom of your playlist can vary, depending on how much variety of styles you have in your playlist as well as it's title.

When using the mobile app, you can browse through different genres for suggestions by tapping ADD SONGS at the top of your playlist and swiping right to view the other pages. For full info on this, we recommend visiting this support page and checking out the section under Need some inspiration?

If this is something you'd like to be able to do with the desktop app, you could have a look in the Idea Exchange, to see if someone else has already submitted an idea for this, and if not post your own.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope this helps! Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts