Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlist] Sorting on Roku

[Playlist] Sorting on Roku

I am not able to sort my playlist on my Roku tv, I love to have the feature from my phone and PC. Also, the Roku app should be updated.

Plan

Free/Premium

Device

Roku

Operating System

Roku 

5 Replies

Hey @BuckyFlynn

The Roku TV app shares similar functionality with other TV apps, and currently it's not possible to sort and arrange your music in the same way the regular app does. There's always the option to use the Connect feature with your TV instead, so you can use one of your other devices to control the music on the TV. Find more info here.

Let us know if there's anything else 🙂

Why can't an update just come out for the Roku app to allow this feature? 

Hey @BuckyFlynn.

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you think this is a good idea, feel free to leave it in the Ideas Exchange. You can find it here. There is a few ideas about improving Roku but we couldn't find an idea that was about the ability to sort playlists on Roku.

Hope we'll see your idea(s) there soon. If you have any questions for us, please let us know.

Have a nice day!

This is ridiculous. The Roku app for Spotify *sucks*. Ii can't even figure out what the playlist order is. Certainly with all of the interconnectivity between app platforms, there can be a shared cloud location where these settings can be kept. Spotify is either too cheap to pay for developers or just doesn't care about end user experience. They take your money once a month like clockwork. Nothing wrong with those systems.

This is such an obviously necessary feature, so why can’t Spotify just implement it rather than asking users to waste their time creating an official feature request that are ignored year after year? It’s obvious that all users would consider this a helpful feature, so why not just convince the developers to add it?

There have been numerous must-need features with tons of upvotes, yet they’re never added. For example, the option to add a track to multiple playlists at the same time (similar to how you can add a video to multiple playlists in YouTube by simply checking a box next to each list you want to add it to).

And the option to be notified of songs that were removed from the Spotify database, or the option to replace saved songs with a remastered version of the same tune. And why are there still no artist bios available (they could be artist submitted, or borrowed from any existing service, saving Spotify the hassle)? I could go on.

The issue with the feature request page (other than the fact none are ever accepted) is they are often separated over multiple feature request submissions for the same thing, therefore diluting the upvote counts. The ‘Simultaneously add a song to multiple playlists’ feature has thousands of upvotes, though are spread over various request submissions. Anyone with many playlists knows exactly what I’m talking about. Having to add a track to a half dozen playlists one at a time is incredibly time wasting & annoying.

Again, these are such blatantly obvious features to implement, so why not just add them?  

Suggested posts