Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist missing content

Solved!

Playlist missing content

Hi guys and girls,

Have anyone encountered the issue of playlists that says it contains say 14 tracks but when you open them up it only shows you 5?

Here's an example:

missing.png

Any one got a clue how to solve this?

Usually when it's a track that becomes unavalible in my country it gets grayed out only. (That has happened before)

It doesn't matter if i'm on desktop, Android, or smart TV.

//Jan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm not sure if the Android app or TV app has this option,

but the desktop app has an option in the preferences where you can show tracks that are unplayable "greyed out"

It is likely those song are still in the playlist, but are hidden becasue this option is checked.

In the Spotify app preferenecs uncheck the box that says "hide unplayable tracks"

Does this help?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

I'm not sure if the Android app or TV app has this option,

but the desktop app has an option in the preferences where you can show tracks that are unplayable "greyed out"

It is likely those song are still in the playlist, but are hidden becasue this option is checked.

In the Spotify app preferenecs uncheck the box that says "hide unplayable tracks"

Does this help?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Brekke wrote:

Hi guys and girls,

Have anyone encountered the issue of playlists that says it contains say 14 tracks but when you open them up it only shows you 5?

Here's an example:

missing.png

Any one got a clue how to solve this?

Usually when it's a track that becomes unavalible in my country it gets grayed out only. (That has happened before)

It doesn't matter if i'm on desktop, Android, or smart TV.

//Jan

Hey Jan!

Sorry to see you're having some trouble with Spotify at the moment. 

Could you try a reinstall of the app to see if that helps at all? 

Same problem here with a Nokia Lumia 520. I reinstalled the app but the problem persist.

I am disappointed ...

What do you know.. Thanks..
Apparently the later updates of spotify has set this to hide as default.
Deactivated the hide option and there you go. They were back in the list. I had to do it on the computer as the apps are missing this option in the settings menu as you said. Thanks for the tip buddy!
(They became visual on the phone after i deleted the app cache)

I was trying to merge 2 playlists, I created a new playlist on the windows desktop and selected copy in my old playlist and paste to copy the content into my new playlist.

The problem I have is that it hasn't worked and both playlists now show 'current playlist is empty'

I still have the original playlist with all it's content synched offline to my iphone, how can i get the content back onto the desktop as I fear when I synch the phone it will delete all the content for good.

Any help gladly received

Thanks

Suggested posts