Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist search section gone.

Playlist search section gone.

My Question or Issue

On my pixel 3, system abdroid pie on my premium account. This is a new phone when scrolling to the top of the playlists there is no longer a search function within the playlist. I can do this on the side with the three dots but when doing this it plays one song from the filter but then carries on playing from the whole playlist.

8 Replies

Yeah I also did notice that. I assume that there was an update today which hid the function in the playlist menu.

I really hope the they put the filter/search bar back on top of the playlists. It would be even greater if they would implement a modification bar with the icons for multiple functions like searching, editing and so.

Hey @Aegon17 and @Antaxas,

Thanks for getting in touch!

The search feature has been moved to the three dot menu. So it's an extra step but it shouldn't be too difficult getting used to.

Let us know if you have further questions about this.

Have a nice day!

When playing songs from the filter and search section. It only plays one
song from the filtered list and then resumes to play the entire play list.

Thanks for your answer. But I don't quite understand what is the point of moving the search bar into the 3dots menu.  Even if it is just one additional step it makes the searching really annoying. the place where it  was before had in my point of view no disadvantage.

I personally have multiple playlists with 500+ songs in them, since i didn't find another possibility to create a "bibliography" of multiple artists inside. So now when i want to listen to a particular song/artist of said playlist, I always have to go through the 3dot menu. Furthermore I have to scroll down to activate the "search" function, since it is on the lower end of the 3dot menu. This is far from practical.

For me as a user this change doesn't give me any advantage.

@Guido wrote:

Hey @Aegon17 and @Antaxas,

Thanks for getting in touch!

The search feature has been moved to the three dot menu. So it's an extra step but it shouldn't be too difficult getting used to.

Let us know if you have further questions about this.

Have a nice day!

I just figured out the search function was moved today and I have to say it's pretty annoying. The original search function at the top of the Playlist was very easy to access, but now you have to press the 3 dots, scroll down the list of options and LOOK for the the actual search function. Just to search for a song. Very inefficient. Please consider putting it back to the top of the Playlist. 

Hey @error38@Aegon17 and @Antaxas,

Thanks for your feedback on this.

Just wanted to let you know that an idea has been created about this feature in the Community already (here). Make sure to click +VOTE in the thread. The more votes that the idea garners, the more likely it is that Spotify will consider implementing it in future.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions or queries.

I think this change is very inconvenient and as many other have suggested, should be returned to the state it was before the update. The search function was much easier to reach and use and at this point I don't even use it anymore. It's beyond frustrating to want to quickly search for a song and when only using one hand and having a large phone it is so much harder to scroll and hit two extra buttons instead of just one. This change makes no sense and just complicates something that was not complicated. 

When playing songs from the filter and search section. It only plays one song from the filtered list and then resumes to play the entire play list. The search function is DIFFERENT than the filter function where you could filter let's say an artist and only songs of that artist would play. Please fix this. It's my most used feature that now dissappeared.

Suggested posts