Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Playlists on Echo?

Solved!

Re: Playlists on Echo?

Samueloufc02
Casual Listener
Yeah, I have a premium account I share with my mate that it works with

Samueloufc02
Casual Listener
Have you tried checking in Settings? Sometimes when Alexa gets an update it changes

Synker12
I just say (alexa... on my spotify playlist, play "my music" , "jonathans songs" , "my sleep songs") and it plays it just fine and any other playlist i have on there. You just have to speak clearly and not too fast and remember to annunciate your words. It sucks and its very specific but in a way it helps with your pronunciation and you annunciation.

Legally_KLee
Casual Listener
Lol. I'm from Texas. Alexa doesn't like my accent at all, regardless of how much I try to annunciation.

Farleyfeatures
Regular

Elocution lessons? ;o)

sherril61
Casual Listener

I had an issue playingmy own playlists but then realised that although I had linked my spotify account I hadnt made it the default. you need to go to settings in the alexa app and make spotify the default for music. no problems after that. jI ust say alexa play playlist 'whatever.' 

sherril61
Casual Listener

Alexo10

Thanks. It works must be set as a default,

Highlighted

SomeT
Casual Listener

I have a UK echo so I don't know why it is not playing playlists, I even called amazon support and they just said email them if I get it working, It only plays playlists from the genres and moods section right now. Rebooted echo, relinked, reset as default music player and still nothing. Also I even tried making playlists of my own public and private.

One other thing I have a student premium account so not sure if that is an issue, it should be the same as a normal account.

Is there a solution to this or is it just not available yet on UK echo devices?

Tobias_jb

I have exactly the same issue. Got a UK Amazon Echo a few days ago & it linked with my Premium Spotify account & played my playlists no problem. Now though it doesn't recognise any of my playlists when I ask her to play them, (even though it did when I first got it!)

I've re-booted her, re-linked my Spotify account, made Spotify my default music service, made sure the Echo's software is up-to-date and that my Spotify Premium account is still active. She still doesn't recognise any of my playlist's names though. I'm in the South of England with a very clear British accent & I'm talking to her from about 2 metres away...

Not very happy with it :( If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

SUGGESTED POSTS