Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Playlists on Echo?

Solved!

Re: Playlists on Echo?

SomeT
Casual Listener

The only solution I have found to this, is that it actually only plays the generic libraries or generic artists when spotify is set as your default music library, so e.g. I can say play Kasabian, and it will play on shuffle all there songs easily from spotify, I can say from the genres and moods tab on spotify play 'Chill' and it will play it easily. I presume that Spotify have not enabled custom playlists to be played and therefore this is the only features and there is some misunderstanding here, until Spotify properly clarify it though that's the best solution I have come up with and I have had mine a few weeks now. Also tip if you are british and you want to change your wake word to computer, pronounce it as 'combuder' and it works every time, lol.

CJ42
Casual Listener
Sometimes I have to rename a playlist so that I can start it with Alexa!
Highlighted
Solution!

Alec1999

I don't know if there was an update or if it's solved now but I'm just a new user and for me it works like this "Alexa, play the playlist 'amazon' from Spotify" the amazon between ' ' is my playlist's name

Debbiep1

You need to make Spotify the default music account on the echo for this to work.  It is auto set to amazon 

ciscosurplus
Casual Listener

I'm having the same problem as some others, I am in the UK so wonder if it is a UK restriction. I have tried renaming playlists, its my default music service and tried re-connecting everything. I can only find generic playlists of ones created by Spotify i.e. discover weekly. 

Would love to hear is anyone in the UK with a UK Alexa account has this working? 

Solution!

Farleyfeatures
Regular
As I've said several times before, you need to have a paid - for Spotify account. Create your playlists, then tell Alexa 'Alexa, play playlist '. You can then tell her to skip track,  pause, resume etc. 
Geoff. 

ciscosurplus
Casual Listener

I have read the whole thread, I have Spotify premium, I am using the phraseology above and it is my default music service. 

When I link to my USA alexa account it works but not my UK one. 

Farleyfeatures
Regular
Then I can only think you have something wrong in your settings. 
I have a premium account and it works fine. And I'm in the UK. 

ciscosurplus
Casual Listener

Thanks, 

that rules out the geographic, did you have a us alexa account also? That the only other thing I can't think my amazon account is linked and the us alexa account I had before echo came to the uk. 

Farleyfeatures
Regular
It is all there in the Alexa app. Just go to Settings then Music and Media and make sure you have set the right account for Spotify and that it is your default music service.
SUGGESTED POSTS