Playlists on Echo?

Solved!

Re: Playlists on Echo?

CJ42
Casual Listener

For me it was a matter of changing playlist names until one worked in Alexs play  "playlist name" on Spotify.

bigj5555
Music Fan

hi m8 - uk here

same for me as well...used top say > alexa, play my "cheesy" playlist, and she did....same with ANY OTHER playlist i had on spotify..until 5 days ago...not thing is not finiding any of my playlists - sure, you can still ask for songs and artists, and it will play what u ask, just NO SELF MADE PLAYLISTS - #JOKE

you gotta laugh when  all you see is other sposters saying  - oh you need to do is set it as default blh blah blah - 

some of us have been with alexa since the dam thing came out, and know fine well how it all works, and thats a load of **bleep** !

bigj5555
Music Fan

what utter tosh !!!

ciscosurplus
Casual Listener

In the end I opened a case with Spotify, they made a privacy change on my account, I then had to remove Spotify within the alexa app and re-add and it worked. I had a setting that makes all my playlists private until I share them with someon. 

kerry17
Regular

I have a premium spotify account. I have linked it to my echo as the default music service. Anytime I ask alexa to "play my XX playlist" the response is "I cannot find XX in your music library. Amazon account is UK. Spotify account is UK. And yes, I have turned it off and turned it on again, de registered and re registered, unlinked and relinked.... still the same problems - has anyone found a way of getting Alexa to find the spotify playlists in their spotify library??

kerry17
Regular

I have a premium spotify account. It is set as the default music service for my amazon echo. Alexa ALWAY says it cannot find my xx playlist in my music library...... or it will play some random playlist from spotify - had zero success getting it to play my playlist. Had a 30 min phone conversation with Tech Help at Amazon - they had no solution (tried all the delete it re install it etc etc, changed the playlist names, removed the capital letters - nothing works) - anyone found a solution? Where is the fault with spotify or amazon?

PSMARR

I am in the UK and Alexa responds as though the playlist will play but then it doesn’t. I am currently on trial with Spotify - is that perhaps the issue

sirlylos
Casual Listener

Be great to get some more detail on that.

SUGGESTED POSTS