Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists refuse to play newly added songs in shuffle mode after playlist has many songs in it?

Playlists refuse to play newly added songs in shuffle mode after playlist has many songs in it?

Plan = Free

Country = USA

Device = Macbook 2009

Operating System = El Capitan

Browser = Chrome, version sixty nine (It wouldn't let me to type out the numbers here); I use the web version of Spotify on the browser.

My Question or Issue:

When I make a playlist with 1 to 40-ish songs, it works fine when I shuffle it. But somewhere ambiguous in the 50-100 range, shuffle will only play the older songs in the playlist (i.e. those which were added first)! I can start other playlists then restart playing the one in question... I can recreate a playlist with the same exact songs in the "broken" one... But it doesn't work!

The only way to get the newer songs to play along with the older ones is to scroll to the bottom of the playlist, click on a newer song while shuffle is on, and this begins the playback of the playlist with new songs included. This is really hard to deal with, I have one playlist with 700+ songs in it...

Thank you for your time!

1 Reply

Hey @CalmNight007,

This sounds similar to this thread. If it is, make sure to add a comment and +VOTE for it.

Hope that helps 🙂

Suggested posts