Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists that infringe on copyright

Solved!

Playlists that infringe on copyright

I represent HardDrive Radio with Lou Brutus.  We have 2 radio shows, one that is just called HardDrive and one that is HardDrive XL.  The shows are owned by United Stations Radio Networks.  We have had several issues with people on Spotify creating playlists using our brand name and host name.  One that is even called "Hard Drive XL with Lou Brutus" from a user that has nothing to do with our shows.  

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3nS6QYM2r9dZ8R274p9kjX?si=oMafR22FRLyE2mZTjWf3_g 

1) How do we get these playlists removed and stop users from being able to use the name in the future.

2) How can we get our official profile that I have created with official playlists verified to avoid any confusion with these fake playlists.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @HardDriveRadio 

There is a way to report users for violating copyrighted material. You can simply report them by right clicking on the username or playlist name and report. To find more info about this click here to be taken to the Privacy and Security page.

To answer your second question, currently the verification is only offered to both artists and record labels. This is because Spotify has allowed some features to be accessible to anyone. This can range from custom artwork for your playlist picture or uploaded profile pictures.

If you have any further questions, let me know

Keanu_C

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @HardDriveRadio 

There is a way to report users for violating copyrighted material. You can simply report them by right clicking on the username or playlist name and report. To find more info about this click here to be taken to the Privacy and Security page.

To answer your second question, currently the verification is only offered to both artists and record labels. This is because Spotify has allowed some features to be accessible to anyone. This can range from custom artwork for your playlist picture or uploaded profile pictures.

If you have any further questions, let me know

Keanu_C

Suggested posts