Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists won't load

Playlists won't load

Since my spotify (free) had an update my playlists aren't working anymore. They say "Loading" all the time and nothing shows up, not even the title..for two days now. Does anyone know how to solve this/has anyone experienced the same? Really, really hope the playlists aren't gone.

Wanted to get a premium account but if this makes me question if I should really get one 😞

Bildschirmfoto 2014-12-12 um 16.11.38.png
13 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Weird.. Do you have anything running like an VPN or Proxy to connect with Spotify?

If not, we're going to try some things to fix it for you:

Have you already to tried to logout and login afterwards? Sometimes something simple as this already fixes the problem.

Otherwise, you may try to reinstall Spotify. Maybe the update didn't install properly. To do that, please follow the steps in the link below:
https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

If these things didn't work for you, could you please go to Edit -> Preferences and make sure Hardware acceleration is unchecked? Please take an look at the attachment below if you'd like to see where you can find the Hardware acceleration option.

If it still doesn't work, could you please try the Webplayer to see if it is related with your account (and not the Spotify application)? Please let me know if it doesn't work via the Webplayer.

HardwareAccel (2).png

Hey, thanks for helping me! I reinstalled it and everything but it still doesn't work, so I checked with the webplayer and it doesn't work there either, it says "the playlist failed to load". (downloaded the app too and it doesn't load on my phone either) so it's got to do something with my account, but I've got no idea what to do about it. 😞 I can create new playlists and they work, but I really want my others back.

There's one more thing you might try. 

Could you please go to the playlist recover page to see if the playlist maybe has been deleted?

Otherwise, you may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

What's more odd is that 5 of my playlists show up as stations (not the Ed Sheeran one, I don't know what that's doing there) so I don't think the playlists are completely gone (they don't show up under deleted playlists either) but if I click on the name it says "the playlist failed to load" again and if I click on the station it says "Sorry, this radio station cannot be started".

Bildschirmfoto 2014-12-12 um 23.54.12.png

Yeah I've been there and they haven't been deleted.
Also tried to contact them via twitter but no reply. Will write an e-mail now.

Okay. 

Please keep in mind that you'll have to reply to the automated email which you should receive (even when it says "no-reply") so an Spotify employee can get back to you as soon as possible (Spotify aims to reply within 24 hours).

Will do, thanks! It says they reply more quickly if I write in English, do I have to use the same contact form or is there another one in English?

Just use the form from my link. If Spotify doesn't respond within 48 hours, please let us know here and include your case ID so we can ask someone to look into it. 

Ok, thanks again for helping!

Yep, same problem here with my Premium a/c. Spotify added to my Sonos and playlist saved from there but just shows "Loading..." In standalone Spotify. Been a week now and no change.

Hey,

Still haven't heard back from them and my playlist still won't load 😞 If my ID is my username than it's the same as here: tomke_thymin

No, nothing back from either Sonos nor Spotify yet. Issue logged with both.

Your case ID can be found in the automated reply (which sends you to the community) which you should have got when you sent them an e-mail.

Suggested posts