Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists won’t play anymore on Google Home mini / nest

Playlists won’t play anymore on Google Home mini / nest

ItGoogle home mini / nest

iPad

I set up a free account to use with my home mini to play music, I set this up on my iPad so it’s all been working fine for a couple of weeks or so. I understand that with a free account you can’t actually play a play list, but music from Spotify based on your playlists content.

Yesterday I asked google to play a playlist it just plays random music which could possibly be associated in a loose sense with the playlist or of a similar genre.

I have tried unlinking and delinking my account, disabling auto play, which you can’t do on a home mini but can on an iPad.

I have made sure all playlists have over 12 or 15 songs.

I have tried renaming playlists to something unique.

I have re set WiFi, and set up as a new device / home

Still it is not working I still get the associated songs playing, some of which appear in suggestion from other playlists, but if I’d wanted it in the playlist I’d have put it in!

I have discovered that if I use my iPad to to play a playlist it works correctly, and then if I use my iPad to stream a playlist to the home mini device it also works perfectly!

But if I ask google home mini to play the same playlist it plays the random similar songs list even though it says it is playing music based on my playlist.

Can anyone explain why this is happening all of a sudden and if there is a fix for it?

Thank you

6 Replies

Hi @RichardHC,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have a Free Spotify account, what you're experiencing is expected behavior since voice commands for on-demand music currently only work with a Premium plan.

For full info on this and some useful tips on how to play Spotify on Google Home, we recommend you check out this Spotify Answer.

Hope you'll find this helpful. Give us a shout if you have any other questions 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Well, I have a premium Spotify account and my Google Nest Mini is acting the same way, described above.

Family Premium here, my kids google minis have decided they wont play any of their personalised play lists at all tonight... try reasoning with 6 and 4 yr old, i've just spent the last 2 hours trying to search for something... anything that will help!!! 

can you please look into this, its a matter of parental wellbeing, school holidays are about to start and I need a life free of whinging kids because their spotify playlists wont play for them HELP!!! (or send beer, a lot of beer). 

Well, I have a premium Spotify account but my Google Nest Mini decided not to play any of my personlized playlists.

did you manage to fix this? I gave up after another hour or so last night my time.

idk if it is a google problem or a spotify one, i even unlinked/relinked and restarted the device still no change.

For my surprise, it started working normally last night. I suspected that this issue was caused by some kind of specific bug, I guess. All I know is that I renewed my University Premium subscription before it's due date. After cancalling it, it came back to normal within a few hours. I still have no ideia if that was a Google issue or Spotify. I also ran some tests, like formating Google Nest Mini, restarting the devece over and over again, using my mother's phone to ask for personalized playlists and nothing would work out. But, suddenly, all came back to normal. 

Suggested posts