Please remove Fuze Tea ASMR advert

Solved!

Please remove Fuze Tea ASMR advert

xFoxUK
Regular

I am not a premium customer, therefore I get adverts during playback - which is fine.

However, today a new advert has started playing, from Fuze Tea. I have no issue with the product, but the advert is an ASMR advert, and also advertises an ASMR podcast.

Can you please remove this?! It's absolutely horrible. It makes me want to throw my headphones across the room every time I hear it. ASMR is a very personal thing for people, some people love it, some hate it, and I am in the latter camp. I can't stand it. If I am going to continue hearing this advert every 30 minutes I think I'll be switching over to YouTube to stream music instead. This is a physical aversion, not just a thing I don't like.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Please remove Fuze Tea ASMR advert

proxpreon
Regular

I tried updating my privacy settings and since then I've never heard this ad again.  Actually I've started having a variety of ads, instead of lsitening to the same 2 ads all the time.

Might be just coincidence, but could be worth a shot. So here's what I did:

1) Log in to your spotify account (www.spotify.com), and go to `Account`, `Privacy Settings`

2) Tick the 'Facebook data' option. I don't have a facebook account linked to my spotify but it doesn't matter.

3) Untick 'Tailored ads'

View solution in original post

31 Replies

Natswat
Regular

i agree, it plays for me every 10 minutes or so and i have to mute it every time it comes on, it's so awful

Rafael000

I have no problem with ASMR, but for some reason I hate this advert, and want to stop listening to it every 10 minutes.

Enokk

I agree, i hope they get rid if it soon, i personally cant stand asmr and when im sitting enjoying my music with headphones in and just chilling out, nothing ruins the mood more than this add unexpectedly coming on and being pumped directly into my ears! I just straight shut the app down while i wait for my body to stop convulsing.

-Devvie-
Casual Listener

This b**** is so annoying, that I had to make a script to instantly mute Spotify every time it comes up..

GenSays

I started listening to a new playlist and it played:

1 song (around 3minutes)

Fuze Tea advert

1 Song

Another advert + Fuze Tea

1 Song

etc etc.

I am so close to just not using spotify with this advert on it. Will probably start using Youtube more.

Daisy
Spotify Legend

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Please let us know the following:

• Rough time/date your heard the advert
  • Platform the issue occurred on (eg. Mobile, PlayStation, Desktop, etc) 
  • Operating System (iOS/Android or PC/Mac)
  • Version number of your Spotify app 

We look forward to your reply :) 

Have a nice day!

Highlighted

xFoxUK
Regular

Hi Daisy.

• Every day since last Wednesday (5th June), every 30 minutes (though I swear sometimes it's less)
  • Desktop and mobile
  • PC and iOS
  • 1.1.8.439.g8502297d on PC, 8.5.7.601 on iOS

Thanks.

therhy

I absolutely despise this advert. I have been avoiding using Spotify because every time I hear it it drives me insane. Please get rid of it. For the sake of my sanity. It's EVERY TIME I have an ad.

Raph4

Reese now also has one now. It's even worst because it's wet ASMR. It's a woman eating and whispering. I threw my headphones away from my ears.

Heard at 6/12/2019 11:00 AM EST

SUGGESTED POSTS