Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please remove Fuze Tea ASMR advert

Solved!

Please remove Fuze Tea ASMR advert

I am not a premium customer, therefore I get adverts during playback - which is fine.

However, today a new advert has started playing, from Fuze Tea. I have no issue with the product, but the advert is an ASMR advert, and also advertises an ASMR podcast.

Can you please remove this?! It's absolutely horrible. It makes me want to throw my headphones across the room every time I hear it. ASMR is a very personal thing for people, some people love it, some hate it, and I am in the latter camp. I can't stand it. If I am going to continue hearing this advert every 30 minutes I think I'll be switching over to YouTube to stream music instead. This is a physical aversion, not just a thing I don't like.

Top Answer
Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting your feedback in the Community.

We've made sure to pass it on to the relevant team, who will take a closer look at this.

Do let us know if you have any other feedback on this - we'll be happy to pass it on.

Take care!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I tried updating my privacy settings and since then I've never heard this ad again.  Actually I've started having a variety of ads, instead of lsitening to the same 2 ads all the time.

Might be just coincidence, but could be worth a shot. So here's what I did:

1) Log in to your spotify account (www.spotify.com), and go to `Account`, `Privacy Settings`

2) Tick the 'Facebook data' option. I don't have a facebook account linked to my spotify but it doesn't matter.

3) Untick 'Tailored ads'

View solution in original post

36 Replies

i agree, it plays for me every 10 minutes or so and i have to mute it every time it comes on, it's so awful

I have no problem with ASMR, but for some reason I hate this advert, and want to stop listening to it every 10 minutes.

I agree, i hope they get rid if it soon, i personally cant stand asmr and when im sitting enjoying my music with headphones in and just chilling out, nothing ruins the mood more than this add unexpectedly coming on and being pumped directly into my ears! I just straight shut the app down while i wait for my body to stop convulsing.

This b**** is so annoying, that I had to make a script to instantly mute Spotify every time it comes up..

I started listening to a new playlist and it played:

1 song (around 3minutes)

Fuze Tea advert

1 Song

Another advert + Fuze Tea

1 Song

etc etc.

I am so close to just not using spotify with this advert on it. Will probably start using Youtube more.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Please let us know the following:

• Rough time/date your heard the advert
  • Platform the issue occurred on (eg. Mobile, PlayStation, Desktop, etc) 
  • Operating System (iOS/Android or PC/Mac)
  • Version number of your Spotify app 

We look forward to your reply 🙂 

Have a nice day!

Hi Daisy.

• Every day since last Wednesday (5th June), every 30 minutes (though I swear sometimes it's less)
  • Desktop and mobile
  • PC and iOS
  • 1.1.8.439.g8502297d on PC, 8.5.7.601 on iOS

Thanks.

I absolutely despise this advert. I have been avoiding using Spotify because every time I hear it it drives me insane. Please get rid of it. For the sake of my sanity. It's EVERY TIME I have an ad.

Reese now also has one now. It's even worst because it's wet ASMR. It's a woman eating and whispering. I threw my headphones away from my ears.

Heard at 6/12/2019 11:00 AM EST

This is getting ridiculous, honestly, especially the fact, that there's nothing that can be done against it.

I won't pay for Premium only because I'm FORCED to, for sure..

This is quite a spiteful way to do marketing, Spotify.

This is exactly why I won't be trying fuse tea! There is nothing worse than listening to someone drinking a hot drink and what's with the whispering, is it a secret or something? This advert plays within every 10 minutes of my day and have to mute.

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting your feedback in the Community.

We've made sure to pass it on to the relevant team, who will take a closer look at this.

Do let us know if you have any other feedback on this - we'll be happy to pass it on.

Take care!

Thank you for your effort, I appreciate it. But I don't think a paid ad will be "banned" only because some people don't like it. The contract with the sponsor will expire with time and THEN we can just hope, that it won't be renewed for this ASMR horror to continue..

I love ASMR and it's all personal preference. I absolutely hate the Fuze Tea ad and scramble to mute it as fast as I can and it is constantly popping up every 10 minutes

Thanks Peter. As mentioned I'm fine with adverts as that's the price I pay for no sub fee, and I don't care about the product - but perhaps the ad team don't realise that ASMR can provoke strong negative reactions in people, and it definitely won't convince me to sub to get rid of it (though I doubt that was their thinking).

I hope in future they will take this into consideration before approving an ad for airing.

This is very bad combined with the '2 Adverts' bug.

When I'm listening from my desktop app, I get to listen to this extremely annoying advert every 15 - 30 minutes.

Please understand that ASMR particularly, can have strong reactions to people. For some it can be relaxing etc. But for me, I feel like punching someone in their mouth when they whisper their hissing 'S' and drool poping sounds  right into my ear, it is disgusting and makes me feel very uncomfortable. I prefer listening rhinos farting, or scratching boards with nails, yes, its THAT bad

You cannot force me to listen to this 6 times an hour and expect me to keep my sanity or any sense of self respect. Is there any way I can opt out of one particular ad? There should be an option for this..

Its the same thing for me! Every single ad break i have to hear some

‘fuze tea in threeee d’ loudly whispered in alternating ears. It makes me want to stab my ipad and headphones with a fork , any thing to get rid of the god awful sound!

This advert is terrible. I'm sure it's meant to be relaxing and all that rubbish, but her voice grates on my ears, and you can hear her bl**dy mouth moving! If it carries on, I won't be able to use Spotify any more. I listen to music whilst I work, and this **bleep** just ruins my concentration.

YES! This - what this person said!

Suggested posts