Podcast RSS Feed update / New submission error - Podcasters Spotify

Regular

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Operating System

Windows 10

Hi guys! I was using SoundCloud Pro as hosting for my podcasts and I've submitted a RSS they provide. It got approved and everything was working fine, but now I'm no longer using their host since I migrated all podcast files to my own website hosting service. So I tried to change the RSS Feed, but there's no "Settings" option in my dashboard as pointed at FAQs page - only Catalog, Add your podcast, FAQs and Log Out. See attached file.

I deleted all podcasts from my SoundCloud account and now my podcast (GamerSpeak) is not being listed at Spotify. That's ok, it was my plan. But since I can't change the currently RSS Feed I decided to add a new podcast. When I paste the url (https://www.gamerview.com.br/feed/podcast) I'm getting an error saying "We’re unable to accept podcasts with videos." The problem is: ALL files are mp3 only!

I'm using Wordpress with PowerPress (Blubrry) plugin and everything is okay with the RSS Feed. In short, I can't update my RSS Feed or submit a new one to Spotify. How can I solve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Podcast RSS Feed update / New submission error - Podcasters Spotify

Regular

Problem solved!
The issue was two previous posts with mp4 url in it, that Blubrry indexed automatically as (video) podcast. I updated both posts after removing the url and the episode saved by the plugin.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Regular

Your best bet for getting help with your Spotify podcast listing will be to e-mail Spotify podcast support: podcasters-support@spotify.com

You said in your initial post that your PowerPress-generated podcast feed is fine. To double-check, you can run your feed thru https://castfeedvalidator.com/ if you haven't already.

If you have any questions about the PowerPress feed, send an e-mail to support (at) blubrry dot com and someone will get back to you. (disclosure: I work with the Blubrry support team)

Highlighted

Regular

Yep! I've got a "Basic Feed Validation OK" at Cast Feed Validator.

Now I'm gonna try the Spotify podcast support by email.

Thanks, Shawn!

Highlighted
Solution!

Regular

Problem solved!
The issue was two previous posts with mp4 url in it, that Blubrry indexed automatically as (video) podcast. I updated both posts after removing the url and the episode saved by the plugin.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS