Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast-Tab does not show episodes nor shows

Podcast-Tab does not show episodes nor shows

Premium-Account (Family)

Country - Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9+

Operating System

Android

For some time the podcast tab does not show shows and says something like "something went wrong. try again" which does nothing.

Now the app (after an update) does not show episodes either which makes it practically impossible to hear podcasts without searching for them specifically before.

This is a disaster for the experience.

I deleted the app (+ all information) but the problem remains.

Is this going to be fixed or is there anything I can do about it?

Screenshot_20200810-190845_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20200810-190841_Spotify.jpg
4 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly help you out.

Note that the section Episodes under your Podcasts displays only episodes you have started, but not yet finished listening to. 

If you select and start podcasts through the search function in the bottom bar and follow the author, do they appear under Episodes and Shows respectively? 

If not we'd recommend that you follow these steps to perform a clean reinstall. This way you can make sure that no leftover files remain that might be causing such behavior.

Also, if you have the option, could you try it out on another device and let us know if everything is displayed correctly there? 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello and thanks. The problem was solved via customer service.

The problem was a symbol in my account name (a "+"). The solution was to let my account be deleted and make another one.

Thanks for your help!

Could you explain it better?

Hey @maelmv,

Thanks for reaching out.

Are you also experiencing the same issue with the podcasts section on your device? Could you let us know if tried restarting your device or performing a clean reinstall? If that doesn't fix thing we'd appreciate a screenshot of what you see at your end, as well as the make, model, OS version and Spotify version on the device this happens on.

If you meant that you'd like an explanation on how Your Library works, this Spotify Answer might just do the trick 🙂

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts