Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast has been removed from listings

Solved!

Podcast has been removed from listings

Unsure if this is the correct place, but I'm not getting a response via the podcast email.

I have been running a podcast for the last 6 months and this is sent via RSS feed to Spotify.

Yesterday I was checking the dashboard and noticed that the podcast wasn't there. I checked the Spotify app and noticed that it wasn't searchable either.

The share link given by Spotify is also now dead: https://open.spotify.com/show/07JawrKkcDDQHrnecffsTm

Any advice would be great as I've had no issues for the last 6 months, so unsure what's happened.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We just wanted to follow-up on and confirm the response from our Creator Support team which some of you might have already received after enquiring about why your podcast has been taken down. We're copying it below for clarity:

Spotify for Podcasters isn't intended to be used as a music distribution tool, regardless of the licensing state of your music. In an effort to enable all creative artists the opportunity to live off their art, creators who wish to share their music on Spotify should use a music distributor. We recommend using one of our preferred providers. Check out Spotify for Artists to get started.

If you're a podcast creator and are experiencing an issue with your podcast on Spotify, make sure to head over to Spotify for Podcasters.

If you listen to a podcast and are experiencing an issue with it, make sure to search the Help and Music Chat sections for relevant threads. If you can't find an answer there, then feel free to start a new thread in the Content Questions board.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

18 Replies

I also just had the same thing happen to me. I host on spreaker and distribute to spotify. I hope these come back.

I heard back from them yesterday with the following:

+++
We have removed your podcast from Spotify for Podcasters. Spotify for Podcasters isn't intended to be used as a music distribution tool, regardless of the licensing state of your music.

In an effort to enable all creative artists the opportunity to live off their art, creators who wish to share their music on Spotify should use a music distributor.

We recommend using one of our preferred providers. Check out Spotify for Artists to get started.
+++

As a record label who hosts mixes from our DJ's, it's a bit of a **bleep** situation tbh.
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We just wanted to follow-up on and confirm the response from our Creator Support team which some of you might have already received after enquiring about why your podcast has been taken down. We're copying it below for clarity:

Spotify for Podcasters isn't intended to be used as a music distribution tool, regardless of the licensing state of your music. In an effort to enable all creative artists the opportunity to live off their art, creators who wish to share their music on Spotify should use a music distributor. We recommend using one of our preferred providers. Check out Spotify for Artists to get started.

If you're a podcast creator and are experiencing an issue with your podcast on Spotify, make sure to head over to Spotify for Podcasters.

If you listen to a podcast and are experiencing an issue with it, make sure to search the Help and Music Chat sections for relevant threads. If you can't find an answer there, then feel free to start a new thread in the Content Questions board.

Cheers!

Ok guys.  This answer may be fine for some, but makes absolutely no sense in our case.  We've had the "Rockin' Eddy Oldies Radio Show" podcast on Spotify for a year or more.  We offer music and commentary from the 1950s and 1960s.  All in the public domain and covered by the pre-1973 safe harbor laws.  Much like the “Rockhouse on Oldies 104” podcast.  What don’t you like about our effort?  We are not a Music Distribution show!  These artists are not “new”.  In-fact, most have left this earth.  I’m confused as are many of our listeners.  All we can tell them is to try other platforms.

Same thing has happened to me. and I got the same stock answer. I tried to reach out twice to Spotify to find out what I needed to do to rectify it but haven't had the courtesy of a reply both times. I'm not sure how my podcast is any different to the multitude of playlists already there?

Are you using a hosting service like Libsyn or such?  I'm using my own website space at Hostgator.  Apple iTunes and others are, and have been, happy with the podcast, and my .xml file since before Spotify even existed.  I suspect some kind of kickback going on here.

Hello,

I am having a hard time understanding how you suddenly decided to delete all my saved podcasts. The only reason I got your subscription was for the House Music Mixes. I also created playlists from these podcasts and spent time doing that.

You got our money under false pretense and now that we invested in this eco system you change tour service without any notice. I happen to work in your building and once we are back in the office I will be looking for a manager to respond. I cannot accept a answer like this from some random employee. 

And I need to understand how YouTube is able to offer live DJ Mixes. I will be seeking reimbursement from you and off I go to YouTube Red. I even have mixcloud which is basically free! Podmatic is also free. Do you know for sure that other services stopped having DJ Mixes or is it just you deciding to let your subscribers down without even a notice! 

The funny thing is that I used to get emails from you about concerts related to the songs I listen so you track my preferences but when it came to deleting all my saved podcasts you couldn't email me with an apology?

Can anyone seriously let us know what happened instead of this fake excuse? Again please in your answer compare with youtube red. 

Absolutely, i'd advise giving spotify a wide berth after this diabolical action.

It's absolute BS mate!! they need to get this sorted A-SAP!!

This is no solution, Peter.

Hi Peter ,

This is no solution whatsoever.

We need an actual solution that works for us all and not just the exact same drivel that you are sending to us all via email too.

First off, a warning beforehand would have been nice, but hey don't let that bother you, you know, all of our hard work, efforts, time and money spent obviously means nothing to you.

I have also had this exact same problem and I see a lot of people online getting the exact same sub standard reply and in the same position as me here, how the **bleep** are we supposed to get this sorted out if you lot at Spotify can’t even be bothered to reply to us artists AND your loyal subscription payers that make you all of your money?

This is absolutely not true.

All of my music is distributed through actual distributors.

This is solely my Podcast, nothing else, just a podcast? please tell me how that is using Spotify as a distribution tool? just doing exactly the same as every other podcaster? this is very wrong of you to do this. 

Please, tell me what the difference is to what other podcasters are doing? 

I am absolutely disgusted by this behaviour and to not even let people know before you did this? 

I look forward to a real reply.

It's so frustrating when I have incredible playlists and when podcasts are deleted I have to wait for them to be re-uploaded which is just annoying after a week. this is making me want to switch to SoundCloud where nothing is deleted for no reason.

Yep, I’m just not going to bother anymore and stick with SoundCloud and Apple Podcasts. Feel free to check mine out over there 😉 SoundCloud.com/listentoseff 

it's just so annoying because spotify's interface is incredible but the
fact it removes podcasts which are made specifically with credit makes me
so annoyed 😞

Following my post I wanted to confirm that I cancelled Spotify and I am so so so happy...extremely happy...can't describe how happy for switching to YouTube premium/music.

I listen to a ton of DJ mixes! On YouTube music they allow you to watch a video but only in music mode so so hear only the sound plus you can turn off your screen! They even have Greek songs! I mean Spotify needs to come begging and charge me 1/10 of YouTube to bring me back. You had a customer for life and you managed to make me switch and try a superior competitor. 

Good luck guys but I am not sure how you can survive with such disrespect for your customers. 

Spotify support sucks. They removed my podcast and I sent them emails 2 weeks ago and last week and so far no answer. 

So whats the difference with these podcasts and a normal playlist that has been made public?

Ok Spotify so as a podcast consumer you're saying go elsewhere for my podcast needs. Got it... check

Suggested posts