Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts Disappeared From Web Player

Podcasts Disappeared From Web Player

I like listening to podcasts on the web player when I'm at work. I noticed today that there is no "Podcast" button in Genres & Moods. The only podcasts available are comedy, and any in a Featured page. Where are my podcasts?! Also, why haven't they implemented podcast searching (Search is limited to music)?

11 Replies

I second this post. After the web player downgrade, the only podcasts I can find are the ones Spotify is trying to shill. As of this posting, I only have the option of crime podcasts and then the 12 featured podcasts. I can no longer find the podcast I was listening to last week (which was a featured podcast that day) when searching. Podcasts are no longer on the genres and moods tab (along with other moods, like gaming). I'd be hardpressed to think of a bigger example of a company leaping backwards in terms of functionality and features. 

Agreed. This has really irked me now and seems a step backward. I hope they look into this, I am not interested in the True Crimes nor the Featured podcasts.

ugh, I'd accept a plaintext list of podcasts with links to decriptions at this point.

I dont even have a podcast option today. I cannot find any podcast, the podcast button, or podcast search. I just listened yesterday. 

Seriously Spotify. You have this on the phone, and destop apparently - I don't know as work IT blocks me installing spotify - like most people at work.

You have the content, the categories tags and the search feature already. Get on with it and implement this.

Not only that, but they just got rid of the Comedy genre button.

Ditto. I also cannot see episodes within their featured podcasts on the web player. This is so frustrating!!!! Why am I paying for something that doesn't have full functionality on all platforms?

This topic has over 500 views but only a handful of comments/likes. Spotify only reviews an idea if there are 100+ "likes" so if you have the same problem then take action and  please "like" the original post!

Thanks!

Since there's still no solution, the best workaround i've found while at work is to open the web browser and play anything, then open up the phone app and find the podcast you want to hear and remotely control it. Might have to be a bit sneaky for workplaces that are picky about phones.

I'm having this problem on both the web player and desktop on Ubuntu 16.04 xenial.

Just doing a simple google search I was able to find the link to the actual podcast page. It's not as conveinent as using the web player, but it's better than nothing!!

https://open.spotify.com/view/podcasts-page

I hope this helps until Spotify resolves this issue.

Suggested posts