Podcasts not available in my region [Middle East]

Highlighted

Podcasts not available in my region [Middle East]

Casual Listener

I’m a big fan of the Joe Rogan Experience and ever since the news of its move to Spotify on September, I’ve been trying to find out if there is a plan to expand the reach of podcasts to my region.

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Podcasts not available in my region [Middle East]

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey there @abu_3adel

Spotify aims to offer as much content and features in all markets, sometimes this isn't possible due to licensing or other reasons that Spotify aren't able to control, it can be disappointing however, I've fed your feedback across to the right teams behind the scenes for their consideration. 

I'd recommend keeping an eye over on the Spotify Newsroom and keeping your app up to date as any news or updates on Podcasts coming to your region will be announced there.

Wishing you a lovely week ahead,

EthanS1Rock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I can see this being a problem with content that is not owned by Spotify. But this shouldn’t be an issue if Spotify owns the content. I can listen to content from Gimlet, The Ringer and Parcast on other apps, but Spotify can’t provide them in my region through their own app? This is very weird. 

But my main concern is the Joe Rogan Experience. I’m willing to be a premium member with Spotify if JRE is available in my region. Spotify will be the only platform to watch JRE on September. I really hope a solution will be reached for JRE fan in MENA. 

Highlighted

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey!

Thanks for the reply, as mentioned earlier I’ve fed this back to the correct team. Spotify does work with a number of partners as you mention and I don’t have any further information on this specific content right now, I’d recommend keeping an eye on your app when the content is released for further updates 👀

Keep safe,

EthanS1Rock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I hope you made it clear to the concerned team that this issue arises specifically from Joe Rogan’s deal with Spotify. It’s a huge jump from being available everywhere to sticking with a platform that hasn’t rolled out it’s podcast service yet in our region. 

Highlighted

Visitor
+1
SUGGESTED POSTS