Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts not available in my region [Middle East]

Podcasts not available in my region [Middle East]

I’m a big fan of the Joe Rogan Experience and ever since the news of its move to Spotify on September, I’ve been trying to find out if there is a plan to expand the reach of podcasts to my region.

40 Replies

Hey there @abu_3adel

Spotify aims to offer as much content and features in all markets, sometimes this isn't possible due to licensing or other reasons that Spotify aren't able to control, it can be disappointing however, I've fed your feedback across to the right teams behind the scenes for their consideration. 

I'd recommend keeping an eye over on the Spotify Newsroom and keeping your app up to date as any news or updates on Podcasts coming to your region will be announced there.

Wishing you a lovely week ahead,

I can see this being a problem with content that is not owned by Spotify. But this shouldn’t be an issue if Spotify owns the content. I can listen to content from Gimlet, The Ringer and Parcast on other apps, but Spotify can’t provide them in my region through their own app? This is very weird. 

But my main concern is the Joe Rogan Experience. I’m willing to be a premium member with Spotify if JRE is available in my region. Spotify will be the only platform to watch JRE on September. I really hope a solution will be reached for JRE fan in MENA. 

Hey!

Thanks for the reply, as mentioned earlier I’ve fed this back to the correct team. Spotify does work with a number of partners as you mention and I don’t have any further information on this specific content right now, I’d recommend keeping an eye on your app when the content is released for further updates 👀

Keep safe,

I hope you made it clear to the concerned team that this issue arises specifically from Joe Rogan’s deal with Spotify. It’s a huge jump from being available everywhere to sticking with a platform that hasn’t rolled out it’s podcast service yet in our region. 

+1

I have the same issue and it's absurd that a free podcast that I used to religiously watch/listen is suddenly non-existent just because it's on Spotify exclusively and I'm in Saudi even though I have a premium subscription on Spotify. 

PLEASE FIX THIS SPOTIFY.

MENA region is huge and a lot of people here listen to podcasts as well, this is unacceptable.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback in this thread.

We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

First of all, we at the MENA region are not getting podcast service at all for Spotify ..

Second, What you say about rights and permissions does not apply to content that Spotify has an exclusive licensing agreement for such the Joe Rogan Experience! 

The solution is simple: Spotify can roll out its podcast service in the MENA region specifically for Spotify owned and licensed content. That’s all we ask!

I doubt Joe rogan of all people would want his content geo-locked. I give this deal 6 months based in how Spotify is treating JRE fans. Why can't you just come out and tell everyone thr truth....your censoring him in certain regions. 

Fully agree, this is ridiculous.

Now that JRE has been pulled off YouTube, a show I used to watch religiously is literally no longer available to me anywhere. I have a MENA based account.

I bought a premium account specifically to watch this show without disruption, and now apparently I can’t. The copy-paste ‘more content is being added everyday’ reply is frankly not acceptable, as Spotify has an exclusive license and this content is not available on any other platform.

I’m on the verge of cancelling my account and never coming back unless someone can clearly explain to my when I will be able to watch this show, and/or why it isn’t available already.

As a paying customer, I must say that I have been very disappointed with Spotify over the simple lack of clarity here - to the employee who mentioned that you’d pass this over to the team, this has affected my image of overall Spotify extremely negatively

There is still no action from the “concerned team” at #Spotify on making JRE available in MENA region. Obviously they don’t care. 

@EthanS1 and @Jeremy

any feedback from the concerned teams? 

Any news? 

Any news?

Hey there folks, 

Thank you for your replies and feedback in this thread.

For any updates about this, you can always check out our newsroom. Also - always make sure that your app is up to date.

We're always one reply away 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Dear Mr. Jeremy, 

This is not the reply we were expecting from Spotify! 

We need to KNOW what the situation IS. NOT just "Keep a look onto our Newsfeed"

Thank you🙏🏽 

Hey @MoeDiamond,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We can't say if and when this will happen which is why we directed to the newsroom. 

We also recommend that you always keep your app up to date.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

I'm from Saudi Arabia and I can't access podcasts at all,  I think Spotify ignored all listeners 

Joe Rogan's Podcast Listener

I don't get why the entire feature is unavailable, not just a few shows.

We don't have this issue with any other apps.

Other apps provide us here with a lot of shows that Spotify also provide, only in other countries.

Suggested posts