Free

Country

New Zealand

Device

Chromebook

Operating System

Web Player

My Question or Issue

When I turn on the pop up player, it doesn't appear even though it turns green.Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 7.10.45 PM.png

(Usually appears in the bottom right corner)

Please get back to me as soon as you can, thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Janjila

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @Janjila

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Suggested posts