Posting Small Play Buttons

Solved!

Posting Small Play Buttons

Plan

Free

Country

United States of America

My Question or Issue

I already know that putting in the :small command after the link of a track link makes the play button small.  I have been doing this a couple of times, but the song does not shrink and might have :small next to it as text.  How do I fix this problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

In this post I will try to experiment with posting play buttons:

https://open.spotify.com/track/0wJoRiX5K5BxlqZTolB2LD.small 

EDIT!  Actually, the command is just .small (with a period), not :small with a colon!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi there @Eclipse_31

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Keep in mind that you'll need to add this command next to the song's URI in order to post a small Play Button. You'll find the detailed steps on how to do it here

If anything else comes up, we're just one message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

In this post I will try to experiment with posting play buttons:

https://open.spotify.com/track/0wJoRiX5K5BxlqZTolB2LD.small 

EDIT!  Actually, the command is just .small (with a period), not :small with a colon!

So, I put the :small command into the URL but now a tiny window shows up saying that the song (Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix to be exact) can’t be displayed.  Did I do anything wrong?

Hey @Eclipse_31

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

If you want to post a play button you need to use the URI of the track, not the URL. Once you get the URI, you need to open a post editor and click on the Insert/edit link button:

inserteditlink.jpg

Then you'll see the following window:

pphaze.JPG

You must paste the URI code into the URL field, then add the :small command right after the URI code and click OK. This is supposed to do the trick. 

If you're still unable to post a play button successfully, check if it makes a difference when using a private/incognito window. This will make sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. Another thing you can try is a different kind of browser.

Hope this helps. We'll look out for your reply. 

I think you hit the nail on the head!  I tend to use Incognito Mode for safety reasons, maybe that’s why the play button didn’t show up.  I’ll try to post the song again in regular browsing mode and see what happens.

I have edited the post using the normal browsing mode yet it still says that it won't work. I have also clicked the insert/edit link button right away and typed the :small command into the box as opposed to just pasting it. I don't think the browsers I use (Safari/New version of Microsoft Edge) are not really affecting it since I can still post the videos without the :small command normally through them.

Hey there @Eclipse_31,

Thank you for your reply. 

Can you try from another device to see if the issue still persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

When I click on the 'Share' button there are only two prompts, copying the link and copying the embed code, I don't see URI anywhere.

Hey there @Eclipse_31,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Just to clarify, it's not possible to get the URIs from the web player, as this is only available on the desktop app.

Give it a try this way and from a different device and keep us posted on how it goes.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts