Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium does not work when logging in to spotify app on Samsung smart-tv (8-series 2012 model)

Solved!

Premium does not work when logging in to spotify app on Samsung smart-tv (8-series 2012 model)

I have a premium account that works fine on my pc and android Samsung mobile, but when I try to log in to spotify app on my Samsung smart-tv 8-series I get logged in but not in premium mode. Why is that?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Have you made a device password at all for your TV? If so, you'll need to log in with the username '1114329351' and that new password.

If you haven't, create one here. Use your Facebook details to log in.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Do you get any error messages? 

Also are you logging in using a dedicated Spotify username and password or using Facebook? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, thanks for welcoming.

After reading your reply I tried to log in again. This time I was logged in only for a few seconds before I got kicked out (back to log in page). Also the following error-message appears on the top of my tv screen: "There seems to be an issue with your Sporify account. Please go to spotify.com/samsung to create your account."

I did that, using facebook-logging, but recived the following reply: "It appears that you're already a premium user so you're not eligible for this trial. We hope you're enjoying Spotify Premium!"

I do have an username and password, but I really cant remember if where using that or facebook login when I logged in to Spotify on my computer.

Marked as solution

Have you made a device password at all for your TV? If so, you'll need to log in with the username '1114329351' and that new password.

If you haven't, create one here. Use your Facebook details to log in.

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Ohh that solve it all, thanks!

Awesome, enjoy that Premium!
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have the same problem.

Can you explain me better?

i have a premium plus account but is impossibile to use the app on smart tv samsung.

@marcoy10 wrote:

I have the same problem.

Can you explain me better?

i have a premium plus account but is impossibile to use the app on smart tv samsung.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

On partner devices, you need to log in using your Spotify username and device password rather than using Facebook. 

If you got a dedicated Spotify username and password when you registered then you are good to go, just log in using those details. 

If you created your Spotify account using Facebook, then you need to retrieve your username (which will be a string of numbers) and set your Spotify device password manually. Instructions on how to do so (for sonos, but its the same process) are here.

Peter

Peter

I signed up for a premium account on spotify.com/samsung, and I installed the app on my Samsung Series 7 television. I can log in, but are immediately signed out after the app writes "There seems to be an issue with your Spotify account. Please go to Spotify.com/samsung to create your account."

I have a "pure" spotify account (not through facebook), so there shouldnt be an issue with the login/pass. I created my account on the url spotify.com/samsung, and said yes to a free premium upgrade for a period. How come I cannot login/are kicked out??

Thank you for any help resolving my problem.

CAM00562.jpg

Is your account showing as premium on your online overview

Peter

Peter

Thank you for the reply.

The subscription page says that I have an active Premium account. I have no idea why it kicks me off on my television app - any idea?

Suggested posts