Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Prevent Discovery playlist from being influenced by another playlist/track without Private session?

Prevent Discovery playlist from being influenced by another playlist/track without Private session?

I have made a playlist of rain noise which I listen to as I sleep. It's just the 10 minute track looped all night. I use Alexa to start the playlist using a "Sleep" command (I use spotify as the Alexa skill is very confining and doesn't work well).

I made the playlist private thinking this would stop Spotify from using the playlist from skewing my Discovery playlist but that isn't the case and now it's full of the most awful panpipe nonsesne that I have no interest in with the occasional really nice piece of music.

I don't want to have to turn on private session each night (somewhat defeats the purpose) so jsut wondering how I can stop this one playlist from influencing what Spotify determines are my listening habits in a simple way.

1 Reply

Hey, thanks for posting! Unfortunately, activating a private session is probably your best bet at the moment as far as preventing this type of content from influencing your Discover Weekly, as well as using the "dislike" button on tracks like this that show up there. You might also like to check out this idea and leave a like and comment as it's related to this particular type of situation, and that helps to let the Spotify team know that users are interested in such features.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts