Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Huwaei P10 Lite

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

I have recently created a few local playlists on my desktop with songs I have stored on my computer and phone both. They are the exact same songs, because I keep moving new ones to my phone immediately after downloading them on my computer.
These playlists however crash my SpotifyApp on my phone every time I try to open one of them after a short blackscreen. They are visible to me, even with the picture I chose for them individually and it shows that they have the correct amount of songs listed within them. They also work just fine on my computer.
I was wondering wether that was down to how local playlists work or my phone itself and a reply would be much appreciated.

22 Replies

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your reports regarding troubles with the Local Files.

It looks like there are a couple different issues in this thread. So we can look into this, could you let us know some additional details, for example:

• The devices you're having troubles with
  • The OS version of your devices
  • The exact version of the Spotify app on each device affected
  • A brief description of the issue
  • Does this persist if you add your local files in a new playlist on your mobile device?

We'd also suggest making sure to:

• That you're following the steps in this Spotify Answer when adding your Local Files.
  • You've made sure that your Local Files are supported. You can find a list here.
  • Remove any offline devices listed here and then try a clean reinstall of the app on all your devices by following the steps here
  • Try toggling off Hardware Acceleration (on the Desktop app, three dot menu > View > Hardware Acceleration).
  • Try adding your Local Files over a different network connection to see if the issue persists. 
  • Your devices are all up to speed with any firmware or driver software updates. If you see any pending updates, make sure to install them, then try restarting your devices to see if that does the trick.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey folks,

We haven't heard from you in a while! As a result, we're going to move this thread back to the help boards.

If you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to open a new thread and we'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Suggested posts