Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Problem local files playlist

Re: Spotify crashes on Local Files

SpencerD0
Casual Listener

Same problem. I am just glad that I am not the only person experiencing this problem. I am going to give the "ffmpeg-compat-57" solution a try and I will report back here.

Xiokro
Casual Listener

Since Im on opensuse i dont have access to ffmpeg-compat-57, is it a different name under opensuse? if not is there a repo i can use to install it?

Xiokro
Casual Listener

I looked into what is contained in the ffmpeg-compat-57 package 

libavcodec.so=57, libavdevice.so=57, libavfilter.so=6, 
libavformat.so=57, libavresample.so=3, libavutil.so=55,
libpostproc.so=54, libswresample.so=2, libswscale.so=4

which I then looked into my YaST2 to see if i had them installed and with the correct versions (which i do) so i guess installing ffmpeg-compat-57 doesnt seem to work for me

SpencerD0
Casual Listener

No luck on my end. It seems that ffmpeg-compat-57 isn't available for Elementary OS (at least in the default repos). Oddly, I can launch the snap when I specify the following launch options on the command line:

/snap/bin/spotify --log-file=/tmp/spotify.log --show-console --trace-file=/tmp/spotify-trace.log

To assist in reproducing, the following is my OS/kernel info:

[BASH PROMPT]$ uname -a
Linux HOSTNAME_HERE 4.15.0-43-generic #46~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Dec 7 13:31:08 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

My OS is ElementaryOS v0.4.1 (Loki).

SpencerD0
Casual Listener

Did not work for me either, unfortunately. I can get spotify to run through a series of odd command line flags, but spotify flagged my message as "Spam" and automatically deleted it when I tried to post a message detailing how I got it running -.-

tomadam
Regular

Sorry, but i'm using manjaro, so my solution is working for manjaro and arch linux based system. I downloaded the "ffmpeg-compat-57" from the aur repository.

I don't know if there is a solution for elementary/opensuse user.

Re: Problem local files playlist

chavz
Casual Listener

I have the same problem. I'm a producer and usually put my demo songs into a couple of playlists. I can play all songs in all playlists on my PC but on my Android there's 2 songs i 2 playlists (that are greyed out but playable on the PC) that always crashes the app. Even when i just click to open the playlist the app crashes.

I have tried emptying cashe both in the app and in settings and I've tried re-installing it but it still crashes.

krmtnc_0
Casual Listener

I have the same problem.Im using Huawei like you.When i open playlist its crashed.Its must be fix.

chavz
Casual Listener

I have Huawei P20 Pro btw. Could the problem be with the phone??

krmtnc_0
Casual Listener

It can be possible

SUGGESTED POSTS