Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem scrobbling to last f,

Problem scrobbling to last f,

Since some week i experience some trouble scrobbling from spotify web player (Chrome) to Last FM. Can someone help me understand why it does not work? I've tried to disconnect and reconnect my account multiple times. No results.

49 Replies

I have been scrobbling my music on a variety of platform streaming services since 2009. Eight years of scrobbles. Twenty Seven Thousand plus songs and more. If spotify cannot work together with Last.fm to provide scrobble support, then I have to agree, its time to move to a different online streaming service for music that DOES support scrobbles. My scrobbles stopped being tracked by spotify in April 2017. No info from Spotify. The prior page explaining how to connect spotify to last fm suggests options that are *no longer present*. There is no "setting" option. Just "Account". There is no "social" option. The instruction page from Spotify still exists, but the UX has been redesigned and does not provide this step. If Spotify's arrangement with Niland Music means no to Last FM scrobbles, then cya later spotify.
A closed mouth gathers no foot

so as always you won't listen to us?

Great! 🙂

BRING IT BACK darn IT!

Do not dispair guys, just use the webplayer on chrome and use this plugin. Scrobbles from every music site you can think of.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lastfm-scrobbler/hhinaapppaileiechjoiifaancjggfjm

So, they closed all the loopholes as of today. I was able to change the network settings to fool Chrome (not really, it's a possibility in developer tools) that I'm using IE11 and open Play.spotify.com (the one with the settings and scrobbling) but yesterday it switched back to open.spotify.com, I changed it to IE10 and it worked, but today nothing works. Everything is whether not supported or switches to "open". At work I cannot instal even a chrome addon so don't lead me that way. The only possible way is if there's a webplayer that can login to Spotify and scrobble too. Please let me know if you know any.

P.S. I hate you both, Spotify and Last.fm.

Yep, nothing is working for me, either. None of the addons are working (from the Chrome Web Store). Irritating...guess I will listen on my phone, that works (sometimes).

Doesn't work anymore. 😞

Switching to Deezer was a great decision for me. Solved this problem and more. Seriously. I can Scrobble, AND I can order my playlists. Stop wasting time on a music app that removed fundamental functionality.

EARTH TO SPOTIFY!

PLEASE ADD LAST.FM FUNCTIONALITY BACK TO YOUR WEB APPLICATION! YOUR USERS CLEARLY CARE ABOUT IT AND IT'S AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE THING TO DO!!!

How can something so basic be such a challenge for the biggest music streaming service out there!?

Can we get any formal response from you guys or are you going to completely ignore us?!

BUMP

Suggested posts