Announcements

Problem scrobbling to last f,

Highlighted

Re: Problem scrobbling to last f,

Regular

I was switched over to the new version of the web player over the weekend, and lost last.fm support, like most everyone else here, as a result.  Please get this sorted, thanks.  It is incredibly frustrating!

Highlighted

Regular

It appears that I also got switched over in Chrome. No last.fm support. Guess I'm stuck using the desktop app for as long as *that* supports last.fm. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Anyone know when this will get fixed?  Also on the web player on chrome and all the settings have been removed....

Highlighted

Regular

@SpotifyCares on twitter says, "The option to scrobble isn't on the new web player. Scrobbling is available on the desktop and mobile app."

When pressed for an ETA on when the scrobbling feature will be implemented, they said, "We don't have an exact date yet."  And then, "We're still testing and improving the new web player, so we'll pass this onto the team," which it what like half their tweets say because everyone hates the new webplayer. LOL

Highlighted

Casual Listener

So first I don't get my Year in Review at all and now Spotify remove Last.FM support on the web player. This is getting ridiculous. I'm a premium user and more and more features are being removed  - what are we actually getting out of it? Nothing.

Hurry up and bring it back or revert the player.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

So, they answered via Twitter?

Why the **bleep** there is a community page in first place?? Four pages of comments and topics about this issue and zero official information!

- Thank you @ranoa513 for posting their message, by the way.

Highlighted

Music Fan

Temporarty solution if you're using chrome, also a great plugin in general, allows scrobbling from pretty much any music site you can imagine. Great for when I'm checking out new video releases on youtube.

When built in scrobbling is working you can disable scrobbling site by site basis on the plugin setting so you don't get duplicate scrobbles.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lastfm-scrobbler/hhinaapppaileiechjoiifaancjggfjm

Highlighted

Regular

For what it's worth, this issue is affecting me. The only reason I use Spotify is because of it's Last.fm support.

I doubt that Spotify cares, but this is grounds for me to cancel my subscription.

I will begin looking today and if I can find another streaming service that offers support for Last.fm, I'm dropping Spotify because the turn around time for major issues like this is pathetic.

Web player is garbage now, and it didn't use to be. Additionally, it's harder to search for Music. The font is WAY too big and the details for artists become increasingly inaccurate. 

If Spotify can at least give me a timeline for getting this repaired, I'd consider staying, but I suspect they'll never fix this. Which is a shame, I hate being driven away from products that have good core functionality. The streaming was never a problem for me, it was always the UX.

Highlighted

Please let us know if you find other music streaming service as spotify.

This issue is also important for me. I am a musician and i need what I have listened to be shared on last.fm so i can find back the tracks.

My problem is that I am not admin on my pc so I can not install add-ons or desktop version of spotify. Web version was working fine but with this scrobbling thing not working, I am even considering using youtube..

Highlighted

yet an other frustrated user here. Please revert LastFM scrobbling from web player 😕

SUGGESTED POSTS