Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem using Spotify as non-admin

Problem using Spotify as non-admin

At work we are deploying new machines. The users used to be local admins at their machines but those privileges have been revoked and from now on people are ordniary users on their machines. We are going to let people listen to music (Tidal/Wimp and Spotify) using web players.

I have tested Spotify web player on the same computer image with a non-admin user and an user with admin rights. A few secounds after I start playing with the non-admin user an erroroccurs "We can not stream music right now". The firwall settings are the same for both users. We use ESET antivirus and firewall on client machines. The same error occurs on Web player with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

4 Replies

Hello @ilpostino and welcome to Spotify Community,

Can you please test the following link behind your firewall and let me know the result?

I get an error, both as admin and non-admin using IE. Using Chrome the link works as admin and not as not-admin.

Hello @ilpostino,

What kind of error ? 😉

Here is a screenshot of the error.

spotify error.PNG

After using Wireshark it seems that Spotify web player fetches is music from somewhere else than the application. Therefore, I guess Cloudfront is blocked in the corporate firewall. Where I work people are allowed to stream music/radio and using the web players for Spotify, Tidal, web radio and such and if Spotidy streamed everything from the same place this would not be an issue.

Suggested posts