Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with Volvo App

Problem with Volvo App

Recently I was notified by Sensus that there was an update available for the Spotify app in my 2018 Volvo XC60. The upgrade notice said there were new features and fixes, etc. (I have otherwise been using the Volvo Spotify app successfully since last December.)

So I upgraded.

Now it seems some of the core features of the Volvo Spotify app have disappeared (e.g., I can't save music, there is no listing available of other songs on the album, etc.). I thought perhaps this was because the new app didn't recognize me as a Spotify Premium subscriber, so I logged out and logged back in. That didn't fix anything at all.

Then I Uninstalled the Volvo App, hoping to reinstall it cleanly. Unfortunately, the Spotify app completely disappeared and even with a full reset of my car's Sensus system I can't get it to reappear.

22 Replies

I also had the notification of update, did the update and then when I open Spotify it says there is an update available - which there isn’t. I can’t see the library to choose songs but can listen to what I had selected before I updated. 

The Volvo Spotify app reappeared in my Sensus system and I reinstalled it. Unfortunately, it seems to be a downgrade from the previous app. Before there were buttons to save a song or go to the album, etc.—those features are all gone now. Very disappointing.

Bring back the essential functionality! Where is ALBUM ???

Can't search for kids music/tales albums. How should I launch full album for them to listen from beginning to the end if you removed Album tab from search results?

How can I listen for new Drake album if where is no Go To Album link anymore??

And we still need the + functionality to add songs to playlist

We need upgrade ASAP.

Thinking of switching Spotify Premium to Apple music through Car play.

I got the exact same problem, and I have tried to uninstall and re-install and no change. If this is difficult to solve, could you then please rollback the newest version, and go back to the previos, as that didnt had the problem.

You all understand that this is not a bug, it was done by purpose by Sprotify, I don't know why.

So Sportify we need oficial answer - why such functionality cutdown was made, and please rollback to previous functionality. Album in search is essential function!

Bring Album ir search results back.

Same problem, update notification promising “many new functions” then lousy downgrade! It’s a dirty trick. Not even a word of explanation from the company. Why should I continue my premium?

I contacted Spotify customer care who told me that Volvo is responsible for the app, not them.  They advised me to contact Volvo customer care.  So I've done that and we'll see if there is a response.

Very frustrating!

Well that is very interesting because I wrote to Volvo and they replied that since it was a Spotify app Spotify is responsible for it.

Please can you share a screenshot or image of the mail that Volvo sent you?

@qkjpsba9-_67 wrote:
Well that is very interesting because I wrote to Volvo and they replied that since it was a Spotify app Spotify is responsible for it.

Please can you share a screenshot or image of the mail that Volvo sent you?

Update from Volvo.

Thank you for your email. I checked with another supervisor and was advised that we are currently having issues with the Pandora and Spotify Apps in our cars (as you have advised). Our team in Sweden is working to resolve these issues, but they have not yet advised when it will be corrected.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. I am going to keep this case open and as soon as I am advised this issue has been corrected, I will let you know.

Enjoy your weekend!

Med vänliga hälsningar!

No idea if the problems they refer to are the ones identified here, but they seem to acknowledge that it's up to them to fix them rather than Spotify...

It’s a little satisfying—at least more so than simple finger pointing at others—to know Volvo is aware of the problem. Let’s hope they do take it seriously because some of us rely on these apps as an integral part of our experience as
Volvo owners and drivers. These kinds of details matter. Get them right and you have satisfied customers. Get them wrong and your credibility and brand loyalty takes a hit.

Hi all

Just received this message from Volvo:

I have just been advised, there is a fix in place for Spotify. Can you pleas try and see if everything is updated on your end. If it is not, please let me know so I can report it. Thank you for your help!

Med vänliga hälsningar!

My car is in a parking garage so won't be able to check until later.  Anyone else seen any updates?

I have not seen any changes or available updates to the Spotify app in my 2018 Volvo XC 60. 

In the last few days I tried upgrading the app but no upgrade was available. Instead, I deleted the app and reinstalled it using the Volvo Sensus download function. The Volvo Spotify App is still a downgrade from what was there before. You cannot get album details/song listing and you also cannot add or delete tracks from your library. Very disappointing!

Same here with V90 spotify. Volvo says it is Spotify who makes the software and my problem that it looses the track what I was listening last time (and gives "welcome to spotify" message every morning) is modem issue or spotify issue.

Today I have updated the modem firmware and reinstalled spotify and all the problems are still there.

The repair man said it has to be the software as everything else works fine (like tunein).

So nice people at Spotify: could you please check what is happening and either rollback to early summer release or update the features and "memory of last playing session" back?

I followed up with Volvo again.  This time they said:

I was just advised that there will not be a quick resolution for this Spotify issue. Please accept our apologies that we are unable to get it fixed quickly.

So they appear to have accepted that it's their responsibility but whether by accident or design they have degraded the app and apparently don't intend to do anything about it.  Very disappointing.

Meanwhile, and I realize this isn't the right forum for this, the TuneIn app was recently updated too, and now I cannot get it to connect to any BBC stations.  Others I've tried seem to work.  Anyone else seen something similar?

Hello 

i dont know if you guys noticed, but this week I have received an update and they fixed the most problems! Also the spotify app is alot faster to start up! 

I noticed! I still don't see a way to search by album or to go from a
playing song to the album or artist. Am I missing something?

Volvo told me that they were reverting back to all the previous
functionality, but I'm not sure that's really happened.

Thoughts?

Suggested posts