Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with music serach

Solved!

Problem with music serach

Hi there! I found a problem when I'm using search field, I can't make a space between words because the space button pushing does call pause/play event. It happens even when the search field is active.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ShibaAnimu @SmirnovW @joshft91 and @user-removed

It seems that there was a small glitch that is probably saved in the cookies or cache now.

Easiest fix - strong refresh (ctrl + F5).

If tha didn't work, I also suggest deleting your cookies and cache (I just delete my Spotify cookies, not all cookies), and then restarting the browser.

Going incognito to try the web player might be useful. Restarting with disabling addons (in Firefox) was useful to me. No addons causes this though, because when I restarted with addons enabled, Spotify was just working fine. 🙂

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Same problem here! Using web player in Chrome

I have this problem as well. As a temporary solution to the problem I opened a new tab, created a space, and copied it. When I wanted to search for a song I then pasted the space in the search bar...

I'm sure they'll have it fixed soon.

Pretty much the same here, always used web player and in all of a sudden my spacebar only acts as a hotkey for play/pause. Can't use space in the search thingy, in all honesty it's pretty frustrating.

Marked as solution

Hey @ShibaAnimu @SmirnovW @joshft91 and @user-removed

It seems that there was a small glitch that is probably saved in the cookies or cache now.

Easiest fix - strong refresh (ctrl + F5).

If tha didn't work, I also suggest deleting your cookies and cache (I just delete my Spotify cookies, not all cookies), and then restarting the browser.

Going incognito to try the web player might be useful. Restarting with disabling addons (in Firefox) was useful to me. No addons causes this though, because when I restarted with addons enabled, Spotify was just working fine. 🙂

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Sebasty! Today I just ran the web player and it works and I didn't any changes 🙂 Magic! Anyway, thank you for your answer!

Suggested posts