Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems signing in with Facebook since relocation

Problems signing in with Facebook since relocation

Hello,

I moved from the US to Switzerland. Ever since I can no longer login to Spotify Windows client, Android client or the web player. The error message displays "Your country does not match the one in your profile..." Strangely, the login into the "normal" Spotify website works.

Here's what I tried so far to sovle the problem but without success:

- I changed my location in Facebook but Spotify still shows "US" as country (already a couple of days ago)

- Logged out from Facebook and back in again

- Tried several browers and computers

- When I enter my Facebook credentials directly into the Spotify web player login field (instead of clicking on the Login with Facebook button)  it says "wrong username and or password" ?!?!?!?

I also send an email to the support team, twice actually, but both times I got a reply that I need to check the help and commnity pages. As if I hadn't done this first...

Spotify team, Please let me know what to do in order to be able to listen to Music again!!!

Thanks

2 Replies

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Are you able to change your country on the Account Overview -> Edit profile page?

https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

If so, then change it to the right location and restart the client.

If not, then please reply directly to the e-mail that linked you to the community. Then an employee will get in contact with you.

Spotify usually responds within 24-48 hours.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

If I click on Edit profile page I get redirected to a site saying that I need to change this information on Facebook...

I replied to the support email, hopefully they'll answer soon

Suggested posts