Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems to sync Spotify to Amazon Echo

Solved!

Problems to sync Spotify to Amazon Echo

Hi, guys, just bought Amazon Echo but so frustrating that I couldnt link it to my Spotify account. I live in Mexico and have Spotify PRemium. I've tried from Alexa app iphone and also on macbook air and there is no way that Spotify option is available. I can see it but its disabled to click as you can see in image below. Anyone?

IMG_4005.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

SOLUTION

I just got a message in another board of this forum and it just worked.

hi had same problem you need to go to amazon -> your account --> digital content --> manage content and devices--> then youll see settings and you need to change the country to us 

Have fun!

View solution in original post

32 Replies

I've exactly the same problem and I live in Mexico too. I had a previous setup on which I was able to link my spotify account, but I saw this weekend spotify wasn't listed anywhere in the alexa app.

I'm still looking for a solution

I'll try to link it from a PC, I've read in somewhere that people had the same issue while trying from iphone/mac devices... crazy, but lets try..

I've contacted support, they anwered me that:

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 12.58.34 PM.png

Thanks, where did you report it?

In the Alexa app, you have a menu "Help & feedback" and you can email them

gracias, lo hare tambien para sumarnos en la peticion....slds

hello, i have a same problem 😞  I have contacted Amzon.uk support

I understand your concern regarding accessing the Echo device in France.
I've checked my resources and seen that currently, you can use Alexa features and services (such as the Alexa app) in the U.S., United Kingdom and Germany only.
Since this device is not available in France, if you try to use your device in an unsupported country, some Alexa services may not work or may have limited functionality.
Further, you can use Echo in France but you'll be not able to access all skills of Echo in France.
We greatly regret the disappointment and inconvenience caused in this concern.
I hope you understand our efforts in serving you better, meanwhile our limitations in assisting you with the support that is beyond our reach.
I'll forward your interests and feedback to our development team. This dedicated team is constantly working to improve our services and spread our reach around the globe.
Should you need any further assistance, please feel free to write back to us. We'd be happy to help you with information or action that is appropriate to solve your query.
We look forward to seeing you soon!

Awful anwer for a company like Amazon. It shouldnt matter if you are or not in the mentioned countries, since Spotify is a third party service and there is no difference between Spotify even changing countries. I have a friend in Mexico and for him it works ok with his Spotify account...

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

I live in Denmark and have the same problem, but i know that other people with the Amazon Echo dot Alexa in Denmark doesn't have the problem.

Did it work?

The solution: Create a dummie USA address. Log out of the Alexa App and into it again. (While i was logged out, an Amazon Customer supporter made a fix) And after this i could use Spotify.

Yes its perfect 👍🏻
Just create a new acount amazon.com with adress postal Us and connect your Amazon Echo with new login amazon.com and Enjoy 😅
IMG_2371.PNG

Hello. Amazon US told me to report it directly to Amazon Mexico and I did it. Real quick answer but still not solving the problem. Basically they recommend me to reset my spotify password and then sync again/setup of amazon echo. The problem seems to be that I dont have an username using my email with Spotify since I use Facebook for this login, what makes it impossible to reset spotify password because it redirects me to change facebooks password and of course ill be looping again without solution. There is a way you contact Spotify to change user, unlinking your FB account with Spotify but it's manual and they will need to take all your info/playlist from the previous account......very sad.

Marked as solution

SOLUTION

I just got a message in another board of this forum and it just worked.

hi had same problem you need to go to amazon -> your account --> digital content --> manage content and devices--> then youll see settings and you need to change the country to us 

Have fun!

I searched high and low for an answer to this problem. I'm happy to report that many have worked it out, it appears to all be related to the country you're in and the account you're using. 

I'm in Australia for example, my spotify was greyed out as well because i was using an Amazon account set to Australia. As soon as i created a new Amazon account and 'made it American' it worked fine. The echo is not meant to be available here so it was blocked. As far as i know the Amazon Echo is only officially available in the USA and Europe. 

So long story short, make sure whatever amazon account you're logged into is from one of those two countries and it should work fine. 

On a sad note, once you get it working a lot of people run into yet another problem with spotify on the echo. You tell her to play a song and she thinks she is, but no music is coming out. Pandora works fine but the spotify integration is shoddy. This issue is widespread, the only soution appears to be unplugging Alexa for a few minutes... terribly frustrating.  

I live in Los Angeles and I can't listen to my playlist from my Spotify on my Alexa!!! What's wrong? Please help!

Spotify on alexa is buggy as all getout. From reading the forums the only troubleshooting that works is either leaving Alexa unplugged for a while or removing and re-adding the service. It's incredibly frustrating. The issue has been around for ages. I have given up hope of it getting fixed.
I'll be getting the Apple HomePod when it's out.

I have the same problem, I live in mexico, I have the echo dot What can I do?

I live in Thailand and currently have the same problem. I even tried to change from Spotify to Amazon music and seem they also do not have support in Thailand. Basically the Amazon Echo that I bought will be just another Bluetooth speaker without music connectivity as advertised. What a let down. Hope they can find a solution soon. 

Suggested posts