Free

Country

Brazil

Device

Samsung tv, Fire Stick

Operating System

Tizen 2019

My Question or Issue

Oh man where's the progress/time bar songs on the tv app?? On Samsung's Tizen and Fire Stick they just vanished... Dont like that small cover art at the left bottom at all!! The progress bar is not showing, it simply disapears after 30sec, as well as the playlist name!!! I'm used to look at the progress bar to know how many minutes are left to finish the song. Plus in a party everyone wants to know the Playlist name which is now fading after a 30 seconds display... Ughhhh please fix that and tell me its not a definite feature. 

13 Replies

Hi there @kinda_nice,

Thanks for bringing this up with the Community!

Can you check if there are any firmware updates on your devices and run them? It's also always a good idea to perform a clean reinstall of your Spotify app.

If after updating all your devices, the issue is still present, can you upload a screenshot of how your TV looks when playing music?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Alex, thanks for your support. Heres what looks like on Samsung's Tizen latest firmware 1371. Its the same on the Fire Stick app.

20201110_113142.jpg

Hey @kinda_nice,

Thanks for getting back to us with the photo!

Could you let us know if the progress bar reappears when you start performing any action on your tv and pressing a button? We'd also appreciate it if you could log in with a friend or family members account and let us know if you can replicate the behavior.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator

Hey Mihael. Yes, the progress bar and the playlist/album name appears when I press any Button like pause or next or the main one, but after 30seconds It fades away. I've seen this chance on a friends Tizen, even though in the Appletv 4k It still shows the album cover and time bar like It was before. This layout change is a major let down.

20201112_074232.jpg
20201112_074202.jpg

And heres what looks like on Appletv 4k (even though in this player theres no way of putting a song on queue).....

20201112_075347.jpg

Hey @kinda_nice,

Thanks for getting back to us with the additional info.

Could you try logging in with a friend or family members account and letting us know if the progress bar remains in place constantly there?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

Mihail Moderator

Yes Mihael, I've done that on my brothers Samsung Tizen. Also on Fire Stick the bar and the playlist/album name fades away after 30seconds. Its really unpleasant.

Hey @kinda_nice,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - you've tested it out with your own Spotify account on your brothers Samsung Tizen, right? If that's the case could you also please log in with another Spotify account on the devices you mention and check if you can replicate the behavior?

Keep us posted!

Mihail Moderator

Thanks Mihael, I've done that already.

Seems like Spotify on Samsung's Tizen doesn't work for me anymore.

That's sad because it was my favourite player since I work from home. 

I've been using Spotify since the early years and shared it with dozens of friends but the latest layout changes are a major let down for me. We could at least have the chance to choose between features, but none of that has happened. 

I'll try another player.

Thank u. 

Hey @kinda_nice,

Thank you for your reply.

If it's possible - can you log in with another account on your device - such as a family member's or friend's to see if the issue persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello!

I have this same issue on the new GoogleTV chromecast as well. I can confirm it persists through a reinstall and data as well as a cache reset. I can't test with a different account at the moment.

Thank you for your help!

Edit: heres my device details

Plan

Family

Country

Germany

Device

GoogleTV Chromecast

Operating System

AndroidTV 10

Hey @JulianKarhof,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

If it's possible - can you create a new account that you can test on the device?

Also as @Mihail mentioned - Could you let us know if the progress bar reappears when you start performing any action on your tv and pressing a button?

It would also be great if you can provide us a screenshot. That will make us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello!

Thanks for the unexpectedly quick reply.

The Progress bar does reappear after doing anything on the tv, but vanishes again after 30 more seconds.

I am as of now until January not able to access the device, so i'll have to wait until then to try with a different account or to send a screenshot.

Regards!

Suggested posts