Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ps4 Spotify tracks keeps pausing its self after 1-3 seconds of trying to play any track

Ps4 Spotify tracks keeps pausing its self after 1-3 seconds of trying to play any track

My spotify app on my ps4, every time I try to play any of the music tracks 

It just seems to pause it's self after 1 to 3 seconds of trying to play any track, it would be grateful if spotify could fix this bug issue because it is getting very annoying.

77 Replies

Read another post. Appears to be affecting ps4 and samsung tv. It is the same on my Samsung tv. Seems to be since the last update it broke! 

Hey @SCOTTYDP77 and @Robertybob,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hello

I have the same problem with my xbox. The Spotify App pauses after one or two seconds.  

Same Problem here....

I'm having the same issue however as a temporary fix I found that using the spotify app on your phone to send a song to your ps4 device makes it work again. I have no idea why or how it's just a little fix i use until we get an update.

I try that but it dont work for me its still pausing...

My Xbox one won't even let me play for 1 second. I have tried everything that I can find.

Same here. Didn't realize it was Samsung TV specifc. It was working fine on my PS 4/ I bought a PS 4 Pro last week and it plays 2 seconds and pauses. I have a 2015 4K TV and the latest PS4 Pro. I like to listen to Spotify while playing Catch & Release on my PS 4.

I'm having the same problem.  I found that if I spam triangle (rapidly pausing and unpausing) after awhile it'll play sometimes.

I have the same problem.. please help!

Hey @skaview and @Ghilrs,

There's a separate topic for playback issues on Xbox. You can find it here.

If you have the Xbox issue where the timer keeps resetting to 00:00, have a look here.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hello, Same issues. I play for 2 secs and it pauses. This is on the PS4 current build 6.20

Spotify this bug issue is getting beyond a joke now this should of been fixed by now, what's taking so long if this is not fixed within two days your going to lose a loyal customer and many more I'm at the point of deleting the app this ongoing issue is very unprofessional , also I would just like to inform that i have a website with many customers and when ever there is issues with my website it's resolved within a couple of hours 

Yea me too does anyone know when the next update is gonna come out and has anyone found a solution? 

I've been dealing with this for over 2 weeks now, I'm not ordering Premium until this is fixed.

This has been ongoing for over a week now and still nothing has changed yet the user agreement has been updated. It's really changing my decision to go premium this upcoming week. 

might have something to do with facebook account? i've created another spotify account from scratch to see if it works and the problem seems to happen only with my principal/facebook linked account. 

Sorry if my english is bad or i mispelled something

Ps4 PRO  software ver 6.20

Spotify ver. 2.23.13

Problem: Pause after 2-3 secs, tried sending music from tablet/android or selecting it directly on ps4. 

I did the same thing, and you're right, the account with my Facebook keeps pausing, I ended up just creating a new account not associated with my Facebook and it's working like usual.

Yeah same here

Suggested posts