Ps4 Spotify tracks keeps pausing its self after 1-3 seconds of trying to play any track

Ps4 Spotify tracks keeps pausing its self after 1-3 seconds of trying to play any track

SCOTTYDP77
Casual Listener

My spotify app on my ps4, every time I try to play any of the music tracks 

It just seems to pause it's self after 1 to 3 seconds of trying to play any track, it would be grateful if spotify could fix this bug issue because it is getting very annoying.

77 Replies

CatchAndRelease
Casual Listener

Just as a test I downloaded the Spotify app to my TV (Samsung 4k) and it has the same problem so it's not a PS4 issue. Spotify plays fine on my iPhone but once I choose my TV or PS4 from "Other Devices" on the mobile app they both start pausing.

Gorthauroger
Casual Listener

Same issue here on my PS3 4.83 with latest Spotify version. I've tried with a Facebook linked account and with another one that's not linked. Both failing the same way, sometimes I don't even get 0.5s sound. It's not fixed at all!! 

Abn187
Regular
Has anyone from spotify and responded back? Seems like really bad customer support.

Awdyankee
Casual Listener

ITS FIXED! 

I just opened it up and it’s working fine for me now

user-removed
Not applicable

So far, for me too!

CrankVolt
Casual Listener

For me too!

Ebex

I just started having this problem today, and I've tried absolutely everything. People are saying its a problem with Samsung TVs, but I don't own a Samsung TV. Not sure what to do about this

Luca30
Casual Listener

Tbf I’ve just resulted to YouTube and it’s as good as Spotify and u get a video so **** Spotify 

WowitzDoge12

I started having trouble with this today and idk what to do

Billblackery7
Casual Listener

It’s being fixed “apparently”

Awdyankee
Casual Listener

Did they give a time frame on that?

HabiTheHushed
Casual Listener

Same problem here, plays 2-3 seconds then stops. Nothing works. 

TheAlmightySai

As im typing this im frantically pressing triangle on my controller to keep it playing. Fix this before I have an aneurysm 

UchihaKarna

Same problem here. Started happening when Comcast internet went down approximately at the same time for the entire region. 

Im here in the PNW, just S-SW of Seattle. 

I cant help, but wonder if the two incidents coincide.

gendrake61
Regular

@UchihaKarna wrote:

Same problem here. Started happening when Comcast internet went down approximately at the same time for the entire region. 

Im here in the PNW, just S-SW of Seattle. 

I cant help, but wonder if the two incidents coincide.

We have cox,i heard there was a problem related to windows 10 updates because of a bad dns fix microsoft rolled out on comcasts dns infrastructure that started interfering with windows updates,not surprised,cox aparently had issues last night as well in my local area,i talked to a rep when i asked about our router.

Abn187
Regular

Same here on Sony tv.  Pretty lame!  Was going to give this a shot for the 1st time.  Not a good start, i think I will stick with google play.  You would think that spotify would work great on sony tv and ps4.  Too bad sony doesnt have a deal with google.

gendrake61
Regular

@Abn187 wrote:

Same here on Sony tv.  Pretty lame!  Was going to give this a shot for the 1st time.  Not a good start, i think I will stick with google play.  You would think that spotify would work great on sony tv and ps4.  Too bad sony doesnt have a deal with google.

I don't normally have problems with spotify,but i suspect its related to accounts linked to facebook.cant test out my theory right as im just booting up my pc.on phone right now.will attempt to unlink my fb and use regular user name an password on ps4.

Abn187
Regular
I dont have fb.

gendrake61
Regular

@Abn187 wrote:
I dont have fb.

so this is happening to you too?

Abn187
Regular
Yes, and none of the fixes recommended work.
SUGGESTED POSTS