Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Ps4 keeps pausing music

Highlighted
18 people liked this

Ps4 keeps pausing music

Speedysparrow55
Casual Listener

Plan

Free

Country

Ireland

Device

Playstation 4 (PS4)

Operating System

whatever the PS4 runs on

so I have had this issue where when I play a song every 2-3 seconds it pauses the current song. this is quite annoying and I tried uninstalling Spotify for PS4 and reinstalling it but the issue is still happening

46 Replies
8 people liked this

Re: Ps4 keeps pausing music

Emmafromonline

Same exact problem and no, I don’t think this has anything to do with an account being logged in elsewhere as I just changed my password and logged all of my accounts out on the website. 

4 people liked this

Djteaser
Casual Listener

I have the same problem on both my PS4 and Samsung qled smart TV

Hope this will be fixed soon

9 people liked this

Conchyboy
Casual Listener

I'm having the same issue, the issue only started today, to think I was so close to buying premium, what a waste of money that would have been when I can't get 2 seconds out of a song! Won't be buying premium again any time soon.

4 people liked this

quanTnT

It seems to be happening to a lot of people, i'm having the same problem on my ps4 and it only started happening today, i tried every solution i've seen here (changing my mtu from 1500 to 1450 > 1473 > 1476 > 1493, uninstalling and reinstalling spotify, logging out of all devices) and nothing worked, pretty sure it's on Sony/Spotify's side so let's just wait until they fix it.

2 people liked this

DavidSmither23

I’m having the same problem on my ps4 and I tried mostly everything from reinstalling to signing out and signing back in and nothing helps at all

1 person liked this

is9-kak6_s3th

This also keeps happening to me but at one point I was able to listen to 1 whole song with the Spotify app open and no games playing but I haven’t been able to since 

2 people liked this

lsn_xg6d-cytl

Same thing here I can listen to a full song on my phone but as soon as I try on my ps4 it stops only started today too it's really frustrating 

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @is9-kak6_s3th @Speedysparrow55 @lsn_xg6d-cytl @DavidSmither23 @quanTnT! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I understand your anger.

Please be aware that this issue is already under investigation. 

Be sure to check this Ongoing Issues thread out for more details about it. ^^

Peace

NicoRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1 person liked this

mtabikhaps4
Casual Listener

I’m having this issue too! So annoying.

SUGGESTED POSTS