Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ps4 keeps pausing music

Ps4 keeps pausing music

Plan

Free

Country

Ireland

Device

Playstation 4 (PS4)

Operating System

whatever the PS4 runs on

so I have had this issue where when I play a song every 2-3 seconds it pauses the current song. this is quite annoying and I tried uninstalling Spotify for PS4 and reinstalling it but the issue is still happening

46 Replies

Same exact problem and no, I don’t think this has anything to do with an account being logged in elsewhere as I just changed my password and logged all of my accounts out on the website. 

I have the same problem on both my PS4 and Samsung qled smart TV

Hope this will be fixed soon

I'm having the same issue, the issue only started today, to think I was so close to buying premium, what a waste of money that would have been when I can't get 2 seconds out of a song! Won't be buying premium again any time soon.

It seems to be happening to a lot of people, i'm having the same problem on my ps4 and it only started happening today, i tried every solution i've seen here (changing my mtu from 1500 to 1450 > 1473 > 1476 > 1493, uninstalling and reinstalling spotify, logging out of all devices) and nothing worked, pretty sure it's on Sony/Spotify's side so let's just wait until they fix it.

I’m having the same problem on my ps4 and I tried mostly everything from reinstalling to signing out and signing back in and nothing helps at all

This also keeps happening to me but at one point I was able to listen to 1 whole song with the Spotify app open and no games playing but I haven’t been able to since 

Same thing here I can listen to a full song on my phone but as soon as I try on my ps4 it stops only started today too it's really frustrating 

Hey @is9-kak6_s3th @Speedysparrow55 @lsn_xg6d-cytl @user-removed @quanTnT! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I understand your anger.

Please be aware that this issue is already under investigation. 

Be sure to check this Ongoing Issues thread out for more details about it. ^^

Peace

I’m having this issue too! So annoying.

That thread is 2 weeks old which is irrelevant now. Our issue is 2 hours old.

Same problem here Spotify needs to get**bleep** together and fix the problem I was considering getting premium until this**bleep** I’m about to switch to pandora and only pandora at least they know how **bleep** on time 

We are having the same problem on PS4 as well as XBox one X

Same issue my PC skips through all songs immediately and my PS4 pauses every 2 seconds ive tried every solution that ive seen and it works on my phone now but not on PC or PS4.

Replying to the guy who posted a 2 week old forum post as a reply Why would we give u a like or anything positive if 1) you’re not a Spotify employee so u are worthless at helping resolve the issue and 2) the post you provided a link to is two weeks old this issue is clearly happening today please either give some kind of useful information don’t reply to a troubleshooting post 

Same issue here. Working just fine last night and all the time before. Went on F1 today to listen to my music. Tried playing 3 or 4 different songs, literally kept pausing after 2 seconds. It is becoming a very frustrating issue.

I got this problem as well! I've tried everything that people have said but nothing works. It Just keeps pausing every 2-3secs. Also it Works fine on my android. 

Same, works fine on my Android phone and tablet, but as soon as I connect through the Spotify app or directly from the PS4, then it only plays 2 seconds of the song.

I'm not having issues. Works flawlessly. Very little delay when I change the volume or skip tracks. I don't know what all the fuss is about. I use my phone as a remote to play that way. No problems.

So why the **bleep** are you here???? Obviously we are having an major issue. **bleep** off with the trolling. 

Suggested posts