Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ps4 keeps pausing music

Ps4 keeps pausing music

Plan

Free

Country

Ireland

Device

Playstation 4 (PS4)

Operating System

whatever the PS4 runs on

so I have had this issue where when I play a song every 2-3 seconds it pauses the current song. this is quite annoying and I tried uninstalling Spotify for PS4 and reinstalling it but the issue is still happening

46 Replies

Found a work around to play your playlist, select your playlist and play a song, now go to PlayStation menu settings- network- set up internet connection. And just do as normal go back hold PlayStation button (Quickmenu) and resume song this worked for me. Dont skip songs tho or you have to do it again. So put a playlist on and leave it 

Didn't work. Still pausing every 2 seconds.

My PS4 has just started having this issue I’ve done all logical things signed out, turned off my PS4, going to the settings and unlinking my Spotify from my PS4. I even deleted all of my Spotify’s on my tablet, phone, computer and obviously my PS4 and it still is not working. However it started doing it on my phone but I somehow fixed it. It’s very frustrating as I normally play music while I play games but now I cannot do that. Also I do not have a Facebook linked to any of my devices so Facebook is not the problem in my case. I have also read the thread and I’m aware this bug has not been fixed within 1-2 weeks this may cause issues as more people might get this problem as well. I hope you can fix this very frustrating bug in your system software. 

Same story as everyone else, worked fine last night. Today it pauses every 2 seconds. I tried using my phone to control it, logging out on all devices, restarting, turning the console completely off, turning it off and unplugging it for five minutes, uninstalling and reinstalling, and going into safe mode and rebuilding the database. No luck. If anyone figures out a fix please update us.

it happens randomly to differant people, just cause you havent had the problem doesnt mean the problem doesnt exist and honestly i came here hoping for help cause i cant listen to the song monster by skillet while playing warframe on my ps4...

The same is happening to me today too. I have never had this issue, but my one friend has for a while now. Today it started doing it to me where i’ll Press play and it pauses like 2 seconds later. It works perfectly fine on my phone but it acts up whenever I link my phone to the ps4 or use the app on the console itself.

Works fine on pc but pauses every 1-2 seconds on ps3 and ps4

spam L1 for like 30 seconds

Go wires and back if u have a ethernet connection 

Thanks been trying different things all night this worked thanks

I tried to change the MTU to 1450 and it still isnt working. I don’t know what else to do because I have literally tried everything. Hopefully this issue is fixed because it’s on Spotify to address this since it isn’t happening to just one person. 

Hey, I just got this issue today when I accidentally clicked play on my smart tv instead of my ps4. When I started playing music on my ps4, I got the pausing issue, and then I went to my ps4 directly to try to play music, and after a while trying different things, I had success by repeatedly pausing and unpausing the game. Hope this helps you guys!

Which comment worked?

Last night, creating an account seperate from my Facebook worked, but now it's not working again.

I just spammed triangle on the PS4 really fast for about 20 seconds and now its working again. Unbelievable.

This is a huge problem for me 

Go to network settings anf test internet connection. It worked for me.

I’m having the same problem on my ps4 and I tried mostly everything from reinstalling to signing out and signing back in and nothing helps at all

Found a solutuion for this problem.  First: sign out of your Spotify account.  Second: Uninstall the Spotify app. Third: Hard reset your PS4/Xbox (hold the power button until it turns off) Fourth: Wait 30 seconds to 1 minute before turning back on. Fifth: Reinstall Spotify and enjoy your musics. Hope this helped! 😛

https://youtu.be/7WJTPjXRw9A

Everyone watch this video. I'm not a troll, I watched it and fixed my issue

Suggested posts