Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Q10 showing as saving to internal and SD

Q10 showing as saving to internal and SD

I have a Q10 with a 64GB sd card in it that I am trying to use for spotify when I travel to places that don't have internet and such.

I have several playlists and such that I want to save to the external SD card only as I have other things on the internal.

When I try and change to the external storage, there are checkmarks for both locations and I am not able to change this.

I have wiped the app/logged out/cleared caches/wiped the sd card.  everything but wiped the phone at this point.  Getting same result everytime.

Please advise!

6 Replies

Hey @adamehale!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community for help.

You can find this info useful to save music to your SD card: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/search_play/save-to-sd-card/.

If you're still not able to uncheck Device Storage, could you let us know if you're seeing any error messages? A screenshot of what's happening will be useful too.

Keep us posted.

Anyk17

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried what that article says many times.  I have cleared caches, logged out I always have the same result.

I don't have any error messages, just checkmarks on both locations as per screenshot

IMG_20160823_141420.png

@anyk17

YES! I have this same problem on my Blackberry Classic as well!

Spotify, please fix this issue 😞 !!

Hey @mistertimothy and @adamehale!

Could you send over the device, operating system and Spotify version you're running? 

Thanks.

Anyk17

@anyk17

It is a Q10 running the current version of the OS (10.3).

I don't have the phone on me, but I believe that it is Spotify version 4.2

Latest BB10 OS with Blackberry Passport also has this issue even when installed from Google Play store (latest Spotify version). If the possibility to save to different folders existed as I'm given to know had been the case in the past then that workaround would help us all with Blackberries. We love your app please don't forget about BB10 users.

Suggested posts