Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Question Conserning Playlists

Question Conserning Playlists

Quick question. Should I put hashtags in my playlists? Do you know if it would be worth while?

7 Replies

Hello @user-removed!

Right now, there's not a hastag feature in Spotify's playlists so it won't affect anything, it'll appear as normal text.

If you'd like to see this idea in the future, I'd recommend starting a new idea in the Ideas Exchange section.

Hole this helps clear things up ๐Ÿ™‚

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I was thinking more along the lines of Google's search engine. I know it indexes Spotify's playlists, but I wasn't sure if it will utilize the hashtags in the discription. I know that GooglePlus does! I just wasn't sure about it's search engine.

Hello!
When you search a Spotify playlist through a browser, the results will appear based on the playlist's name and description. The use of hastags won't change anything but you can use them with stylistic purposes ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope this makes sense!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Oh, ok... Thanks!! I thought to myself, since search engines are constently changing, and since hashtags are unbelievably popular, I was kind of hoping hashtags would be recognized at least second in priority. Guess not. LOLOLOL

Haha. No worries! Make sure to let me know if there's anything else I can help with ๐Ÿ™‚
Jose_MSpotify Star

Nope! That's all.... Thanks!

Nice! https://open.spotify.com/track/6JWddKPdqvDc2WkPEi9grC?si=OyQkeljdR8ybLkIRJq5ApA
Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts