Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ROGAN EPISODES NOT PLAYING

ROGAN EPISODES NOT PLAYING

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

Joe Rogan episodes will not play. It says, 'Playback failed. We're unable to play this video in your current location.' This is only for Rogan episodes. Everything else works.

ALSO, IN TRYING TO POST THIS, I KEPT GETTING ERRORS FOR UNFILLED INFORMATION LIKE HAVING TO HAVE A LABEL. ONCE THE ERRORS WERE FIXED, IT SAID 'POST FLOODING DETECTED' AND WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO POST. I JUST WANT MY QUESTION ANSWERED AND THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN A SERIOUS PAIN IN THE A**.

Top Answer
Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey folks!

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We recommend doing a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This is different than a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. Also, if you're using a VPN, we recommend disconnecting it and trying again.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you let us know the following:

• Your country (so that we can check if there's an issue with availability)
  • Does this only happen with the JRE podcast, or does it also happen with other video podcasts (e.g. this one)?

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be on the lookout 🙂

28 Replies

Having the same issue on my samsung note 10. Music is working fine, Rogan's podcast will not play. 

Also having this issue on my Mac and iPhone. Contacted support and they gave me test credentials which also do not work on Mac (via native app OR browser) or iPhone. Is any one able to play this podcast anymore?

Maybe this is Joe's exit strategy. Get paid 100M and move his podcast to an outlet that doesn't know how to stream his content.

Same issue here! 

I have a Premium Family Plan and everyone but me has access to the Podcast (Audio+Video). Been resorting to Apple Podcasts to listen to all shows but would love to use on Spotify because of the video component.  

Spotify, we need you to help us with this! 

Same, has been on and of like this since JRE came to Spotify.

No audio. Music works fine though.

Hey folks!

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We recommend doing a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This is different than a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. Also, if you're using a VPN, we recommend disconnecting it and trying again.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you let us know the following:

• Your country (so that we can check if there's an issue with availability)
  • Does this only happen with the JRE podcast, or does it also happen with other video podcasts (e.g. this one)?

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be on the lookout 🙂

Hey Peter,

I just did the hard reset you mentioned and it still doesn’t play.

I’m in the United States, California.

I tried playing the first podcast on the channel you shared and it played, (it’s only audio, not video) but none of the other episodes on that page play. The same pop-up comes on the screen “Playback failed; We’re not able to play this episode in your current location”

This is strange to me since I know someone that plays these episodes under my family plan.

Hey @1215978964,

Thanks for giving it a try and keeping us in the loop.

Just to confirm, are you currently using a VPN? If you are, try disconnecting it as it might cause trouble with the playback of certain content. 

If this isn't the case, can you try using a different connection instead (4G/5G, different WiFi network, hotspot, etc.)?

Also, give it a try using a different device. It's also well worth logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in. If the issue persists, let us know the make, model, and OS version of the devices you've tried, along with the Spotify version you're running so we can further look into this.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Re-installed app, tried web player, disconnected the VPN (JRE add sponsor). Really embarrassing for your company to have acquired the largest podcast, with a huge built-in fanbase and to have had internal pushback from corny "woke' employees, now a strange worldwide glitch, where your premium plan customers cant enjoy their favorite podcast. Oh, I love troubleshooting your software too... it's like doing your job for you but paying for it!

good times,

angry yelp guy karen 

hahaha. you're a good writer.

It works on my iphone, but not on my Mac. it seems to stop where the ads break into the intro.

Hey @angryyelpguy, we're sorry to hear you feel this way and immensely appreciate the hard work and effort you've poured in to do some troubleshooting on your end - It was never our intention to make things difficult for you. We've suggested those steps so we can isolate the issue and get to the root cause of it.

If possible, could you check if you experience the same issues on a different computer and try with another account too? We also recommend making sure your sound drivers are up to date and that your firewall is not blocking Spotify.

@robbytodd911, could you follow the same steps and let us know how it worked out for you? Do you get the same issues with our web player?

Thanks - Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I live in canada

the video link you provided worked, JRE does not

no VPN

Fresh install after following cleanup steps.

Hi @gokusupa,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Can you let us know if the podcast doesn't play on any of your devices or just one?

Also have you tried using a different network like a Mobile Hotspot?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Does not play on windows 10 and mac osx. on 4 different devices.

I live in a rural area where internet speeds are 7mb down at best. Connecting to another internet connection is not possible due to my rural location.

Hi there @gokusupa,

Thanks for the info.

Now we know it's not a device specific issue.

If your mobile plan allows it you can create a Wi-Fi hotspot from your phone and connect you devices to that one. Low internet speed can be an issue, since all your devices are affected. If you don't have access to another network to test this, what you can do is create a new test account with another email address and see whether you can play the podcast through the new account.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Doesn't need a clean install. Its blocking VPN. Still can find a server that will let me download the episodes. It will block you from playing downloaded episodes until you go to airplane mode without wifi. It will keep playing once everything reconnecs.

As long as VPN is connected I cannot play JRE episodes regardless if they are already downloaded.  Tried the data saver option and still the same. Other podcasts work as expected.  As long as I start playing without VPN/airplane mode it will keep playing when I reconnect VPN.

Still doesn't work at all. No matter what connection, re-installation, devices, VPN or not,... All other podcasts including your misfits work fine...

Annoying

I'm having the same issue on Samsung S10+ in UK, premium account.

how many computers do you think I own? smh... spotify works fine, music non-video podcasts all work as they should on my laptop. The vpn connection doesn't interfere with any of the other content on your platform. Literally the only thing that wont play is JRE. Your company is dropping the ball and I have to believe it wasn't ready for the change to video. the app on my computer is acting exactly the same as the web player. literally only not playing JRE lol. It's been weeks FIX it you cancel culture dorks. I cant imagine how many millions of views your company is forgoing and all that add revenue these companies are paying for, out the window. what a sh!t-show operation Spotify is running. I've been a premium member for years and this makes me not want to be. damn JRE was WAY COOLER ON YOUTUBE AND APPLE PODCASTS 😂. I literally listened to JRE every day now I've listened to a handful of episodes in months. Your company is giving joe a bad name on multiple levels. I can watch it on my phone or my ipads -- all connected to the same wifi-- but Ill be damned if I want to watch it on the thing with the best screen and processing power in my home... and zero answers so far. very cool... Weird how people running IOS and Windows are all having the same problem, all around the planet and yet you want us to troubleshoot this and fix it ourselves? got an Idea Spotify give us our money back until YOU fix it!

GFY sincerely, 

ANGRYYELPGUY

Suggested posts