Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[ROKU] Can't log into spotify on Roku 2XS

[ROKU] Can't log into spotify on Roku 2XS

Current issue was noticed mid-day, Wednesday Feb 26th (mountain time).

I've tried to log in with both facebook and spotify login (10digit numeric number), neither one working.

The error screen reads:

Could not connect to spotify

Please check your network connection in roku settings

Visit www.spotify.com/help for current service status. (code 8.4)

I've verified network connectivity from the roku-->out; all other channels work fine.

This has happened before; nothing I did seemed to help...it'd just 'fix itself' after some period of time.

It has happened once briefly this year (maybe only 1 day outage) but there was a multi-day outtage around New Years 2014.

Spotify authenticates fine via the Web (facebook login) or iphone (spotify ID login)...so it is somehow a connection between the roku and spotify.

Today, I've tried to delete/remove the spotify plugin, pull power on the roku, restart roku and re-add the spotify channel. Still, neither of the login credentials work.

We pay for spotify premium and this is the primary method of consumption...it'd be cool if I could round up some support on how to remedy this.

11 Replies

What country are you in?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Northern Colorado, USA

Thanks!

Spotify on Roku started working again sometime Friday (2/28) afternoon.

I hadn't made any restarts or changes to config...just started working again on its own.

So we're happy now; I'll post back when/if it happens again for tracking.

Sorry for not getting back to you on this one, so many topics and some slip through the net! Glad it's working again. Please post back if you have anymore issues. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, how did you resolve the issue? I do not have ROKU 3, I have ROKU XD and ROKU 2. I get the error message 6.4

thanks!

My error code was 8.4, as opposed to 6.4.

I was never able to do anything to resolve my issue; it has happened 3 times this year and has "fixed itself" on its own.  The longest outage was ~5days around the new year. The last couple outages have only been 2-3 days in length.

You may have done it already but just as a tip, ensure your wireless connection is active/live (if using wireless).

On rare cases, I've had to reauthenticate with my router. (roku operation...nothing to do with spotify)

Faith, did you ever get this fixed? Spotify worked fine on my Roku 3, but I get the same 6.4 error on my Roku 4. I've tried every login option.

Getting a 8.4 someone please help

Suggested posts