Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ROKU Spotify app not available in my country while Spotify is

ROKU Spotify app not available in my country while Spotify is

Any special reason why the Roku app isn't available in Estonia? I bought the entire box because it supported Plex and Spotify, the 2 media applications I use. 

5 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The Spotify application for Roku was most likely made by Roku themselves rather than by Spotify, since most partner services make their own applications using the libspotify package Spotify freely provide, so getting in touch with Roku is probably the best option. 

It would appear from a quick dig Spotify on Roku is only available on select models in the US, UK and Ireland (where Roku is available according to their own website).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I use Spotify in Switzerland and find it bizzare that the Roku app isn't available here.

It is weird, is Roku officially available (in stores) there?

The help page only mentions UK, US and Ireland:
https://support.spotify.com/se/problems/#!/article/Roku

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I don't think so. I got my Roku from Amazon.

Still it's strange that either Roku or Spotify would limit the app geographically when spotify does work from any number of other devices (I'm a premium subscriber).

I bought Roku 3 for two reasons:

1) PLEX

2) Spotify

Just unboxed and installed it. Went through all the channels and could not understand why I did not find Spotify. A Google search told me that Spotify is exclusively available in the USA. Not in my wilded imagination would I expect that a Scandinavian company would exclude their app from the Scandinavian market. I was fully aware that I would not get US content, neither did I expect the Norwegian verisons of Netflix, HBO etc. to be available for the Roku here in Norway. But Spotify?! Come on! Where are the license issues?! 

Make Spotify available for Premium Users in Norway & Europe ASAP please.

Suggested posts