Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

[Radio] Create New Station button missing

Solved!
214 people liked this

[Radio] Create New Station button missing

tkannenb
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Platform

Windows 10

On the Radio screen, I used to be able to create a new station by clicking the Create New Station button, as described here in the documentation.  But that button has disappeared from the page, and there does not appear to be any other way to create a new station.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Can't create a radio station

Hey folks,

We just wanted to let you know that this is expected behaviour since we rolled out our new Radio feature to all platforms.

To find out how the new Radio works, just head over to this thread.

Thanks!

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers
65 Replies
Highlighted
15 people liked this

Can't create a radio station

lauramcc
Regular

Plan: Premium

Device: Macbook Pro 2017

Operating System: iOS 10.14.1.

(Newbie post alert!)

I'm having a hard time creating my own radio stations. When I click 'Radio' I cannot find CREATE NEW STATION. Am I missing something?

5 people liked this

Earthworm_Tim
Casual Listener

I'm having the same issue.  I cannot create a new station on my mobile app.  What gives?

3 people liked this

lauramcc
Regular

Weirdly enough Earthword_Tim I can create a station on mobile (Android) - but not desktop. Are you Mac all the way?

2 people liked this

Earthworm_Tim
Casual Listener

No, I am on Android.  I have a Google Pixel 2 and an Asus Zenbook on which I CAN create a playlist.  

2 people liked this

danjamin
Casual Listener

I'm having the same problem! Have they taken this function away? I normally use this very regularly and this is the first time I haven't been able to create a new station. This is on both my mobile and laptop and has been for 24 hours now.

2 people liked this

Chrisseh
Casual Listener

I'm having the same issue too. When I choose Artist or Song radio I'm taken to a playlist with no ability to thumbs up or down tracks. I'm really hoping this wasn't an intended change.

3 people liked this

edreeve
Casual Listener

yup, me too - have the option on android, not on desktop. Tried on two separate pcs/desktops. 

not been with Spotify for long but the speed with which features change/appear/disappear is really annoying

4 people liked this

danjamin
Casual Listener

I've found out how to create a radio station again! They've changed it so now you have to search for an artist, then when you're on the artist page there's an option to play their radio station. I have no idea why they've made it more difficult to do this! 

3 people liked this

edreeve
Casual Listener

the option to play from an artist/album is still there, yup, but vanished from playlists.

I've kind of built up my whole Spotify usage based on the ability to listen to playlist Radio stations, so that I can find new tracks that fit in with that mix of music. If this feature is gone it kind of massively devalues Spotify for me :-/

It's super frustrating - I moved from Google Play Music as I hoped the social and recommendation aspects were better, but so far it's been a real mixed bag. I still don't fully understand/engage with the difference between 'my songs', my thumbs upped tracks, and the ones I <3 from the auto generated mixes. It's really hard to know how best to use the service, and it's made harder when the features randomly change every other week with no warning. 

SUGGESTED POSTS